Why wont it let me connect my damn gamertag to my EA account?!

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Why wont it let me connect my damn gamertag to my EA account?!
5 years ago#1
Went to EAs damn support page and did the whole "Add persona" thing but for the past 12 hours all I've gotten is a damn red block telling me "System Error. Please try again later.". What the **** gives!?

Buh, who's bright idea was it to do it all this way instead of just using XBLM codes as usual...
---
Everything ends, even you.
5 years ago#2
try popping the game in first and signing onto ur ea account lol 12 hrs ahahahahahahahahah
--
"i have a boner" - Mclovin aka fulgor from superbad
5 years ago#3
When putting the game in and going online it will automatically tell u sign in on ur ea account. There's no need to go to the sign to add persona cuz when u sign in on ur xbox it will automatically be added
---
5 years ago#4
Don't have the game yet. I wanted to link 'em beforehand so when I get the game (tomorrow) I'd be all set to go right from the start (also, this way I'd be sure my gamertag wasn't linked to some other strange account <_<).
---
5 years ago#5
Still just the error message, so make that 15 hours.

---
5 years ago#6

Still just the error message, so make that 15 hours.

a lot of people are having problems. im sure their servers are being flooded. call them or try tomorrow
---
"All Creatures Will Die, All Things Will Be Broken"
x-Box Live - Metsu Sats. PSN- Metsu-Sats
5 years ago#7

they said it won't work perfectly until "about" wednesday or thursday....whatever

5 years ago#8
No, they said the DLC with Zaeed would be "unavailable for X360 until Wednesday/Thursday", they said nothing about gamertag linking.
---
5 years ago#9
18 Hours..

I don't see how people can give people grief and calling them stupid because they can't get their DLC codes to work when it the whole thing has been handled like:

EA: Make sure you're EA account is connected to your Gamertag!

Gamer: So how do I do that? I can't find anything about that on the Bioware Social site.

EA: Of course not, because there isn't anything like that there!

Gamer: Okay, not really all that helpful, but I found that add persona thing on the EA website, that ought to work right?

EA: Oh yeah, totally!

Gamer: Wait, it just keeps telling me "System Error" all the time! What gives?!

EA: ... Look, monkeys! *EA scurries away*

In my world, EA reads Shortpacked <.< (http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20051230.html)
---
5 years ago#10
just wait until you get the game dude. you can only attach ur gamer tag to ea.com by doing it through the xbox when you get the game
---
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Why wont it let me connect my damn gamertag to my EA account?!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived