Why wont it let me connect my damn gamertag to my EA account?!

#1DoleoPosted 1/27/2010 1:47:49 AM
Went to EAs damn support page and did the whole "Add persona" thing but for the past 12 hours all I've gotten is a damn red block telling me "System Error. Please try again later.". What the **** gives!?

Buh, who's bright idea was it to do it all this way instead of just using XBLM codes as usual...
---
Everything ends, even you.
#2smizmarsPosted 1/27/2010 2:00:08 AM
try popping the game in first and signing onto ur ea account lol 12 hrs ahahahahahahahahah
--
"i have a boner" - Mclovin aka fulgor from superbad
#3smizmarsPosted 1/27/2010 2:02:13 AM
When putting the game in and going online it will automatically tell u sign in on ur ea account. There's no need to go to the sign to add persona cuz when u sign in on ur xbox it will automatically be added
---
#4Doleo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2010 2:56:41 AM
Don't have the game yet. I wanted to link 'em beforehand so when I get the game (tomorrow) I'd be all set to go right from the start (also, this way I'd be sure my gamertag wasn't linked to some other strange account <_<).
---
#5Doleo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2010 4:43:18 AM
Still just the error message, so make that 15 hours.

---
#6macnetoPosted 1/27/2010 5:09:15 AM

Still just the error message, so make that 15 hours.

a lot of people are having problems. im sure their servers are being flooded. call them or try tomorrow
---
"All Creatures Will Die, All Things Will Be Broken"
x-Box Live - Metsu Sats. PSN- Metsu-Sats
#7DrawongravePosted 1/27/2010 5:25:28 AM

they said it won't work perfectly until "about" wednesday or thursday....whatever

#8Doleo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2010 5:59:26 AM
No, they said the DLC with Zaeed would be "unavailable for X360 until Wednesday/Thursday", they said nothing about gamertag linking.
---
#9Doleo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2010 7:54:21 AM
18 Hours..

I don't see how people can give people grief and calling them stupid because they can't get their DLC codes to work when it the whole thing has been handled like:

EA: Make sure you're EA account is connected to your Gamertag!

Gamer: So how do I do that? I can't find anything about that on the Bioware Social site.

EA: Of course not, because there isn't anything like that there!

Gamer: Okay, not really all that helpful, but I found that add persona thing on the EA website, that ought to work right?

EA: Oh yeah, totally!

Gamer: Wait, it just keeps telling me "System Error" all the time! What gives?!

EA: ... Look, monkeys! *EA scurries away*

In my world, EA reads Shortpacked <.< (http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20051230.html)
---
#10smizmarsPosted 1/27/2010 8:02:07 AM
just wait until you get the game dude. you can only attach ur gamer tag to ea.com by doing it through the xbox when you get the game
---