help with hacking the data pads at the start

#1xk_gmanPosted 1/28/2010 6:58:13 AM
hey i am having a problem hacking the data pads at the start of the game. I know that i am supposed to select the matching code to whats show at the top but the thing is i cant select anything. nothing responds. I can move the highlighter thing around but cant actually select a code segment.

any help would be awesome, thanks
#2KrutoniusPosted 1/28/2010 7:04:16 AM
you may have to press "a" to start the hacking mini-game.
---
"So I heard the ps3 has 24 player online? Is this true?"-DeafMastaShake "cool, the entire ps community can play in one game." -nfe0007
#3DarkilPosted 1/28/2010 7:05:41 AM
Each time you pick the right "code" it'll change in the upper left hand corner of the mini game. Just look at what color the text is and what order it shows up, pick that then look at the next one. After 3 correct code's you'll hack the datapad.
---
"Hotaru is just freaky like that. Just look at the select screen. She's between Dong and Butt." - Goh_Billy
#4Churchills DogPosted 1/29/2010 2:21:11 PM
gman, if nothing is happening then you probably re-bound the "use/cover/sprint" key to something other than the "space" bar. In order to select one of the codes hit the space bar even if you rebound that function to something else. I had the same problem until I realized that it is a programming glitch that got overlooked.
#5xk_gman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2010 8:32:40 AM
yeah thanks dog thats what it was