So why exactly is Tali so loved?

#31Tro77TroPosted 2/2/2010 7:49:04 AM
I don't exactly understand why people say she is cute... or hot... she is a horse-headed sack in a gooey, piss-filled suit she can't even take off unless she floats around in antibiotics all day.

That's disgusting as Hell to me.

Like finding a Krogan hot. I never much cared for her personality, either. Ungrateful little whelp.
---
Like male worgens, only with more feminine features and boobs. And two "times of the month." -adjl on female Worgen
#32OhiownPosted 2/2/2010 7:52:50 AM

Tro77Tro posted...
I don't exactly understand why people say she is cute... or hot... she is a horse-headed sack in a gooey, piss-filled suit she can't even take off unless she floats around in antibiotics all day.

Like finding a Krogan hot. I never much cared for her personality, either. Ungrateful little whelp.
---
Like male worgens, only with more feminine features and boobs. And two "times of the month." -adjl on female Worgen

not even a troll finds her attractive :P

#33EonspiritPosted 2/2/2010 8:10:22 AM
Tro77Tro posted...

---

Ahahaha QFT. Yeah, the only decent quarian character so far in BOTH games is the commander guy you meet when you're rescuing Tali. Her father is an idiot, she's like an annoying adolescent nerd and the quarian council is a bunch of stuck-up muppets. Even though I will say romances in GENERAL fail hard in ME (first one had a god-freak racist or quirky asari..who might I mention completely gives you the cold shoulder in the 2nd part no matter what happened in the first) Miranda's probably the only character that didn't thoroughly piss me off - she comes off at first as a "cerberus **** but doing her little quest and getting to know her better you really come to realise why she is the way she is and she softens up a lot (all the while not going on about how she never ever had nookie (liara) or probably never WILL have nookie (tali). She still could have used a bit more character development but it beats Tali and Jack for sure. And don't get me wrong, I actually think going all paragon with Jack and learning more about her turns her out to be a pretty well-written character (much like Tali, sure) but that does not mean she's actually interesting (again, much like Tali).
#34HandOfCheesePosted 2/2/2010 8:40:25 AM
To the "piss-filled" comment: Gamers omit things they don't like (hence, the fantasy in Fantasy Role Play :-p).

In real life, people wouldn't speak to Jack without seeing the results of at least four different AIDS tests, would never think about humping a black-eyed lizard Altair and wouldn't, in all likeness, reload their life after each gunshot :-p. But in a game like ME2, we can paint our alter-ego's perception with a much wider brush.

Because of this, the very real thought of Tali being an unwashed, rancid, bald, pale half-woman half-chicken hybrid virgin just goes *poof*. And I should know, when I'm romancing her, I just imagine this (scroll down):

http://goha7777.deviantart.com/art/Mass-Effect-meme-HUHWHAT-145584025

Now that's a spicy piss-filled meatball :-ppp.

---
You must always lose something to truly learn what you had.
#35Dsolow5Posted 2/2/2010 8:44:54 AM

look at the other options

you have a bald psychopath or an overacheiving, arrogant b*tch

#36WeejiezPosted 2/2/2010 8:50:19 AM
Maybe people like Tali because she loves Shepard for Shepard? You don't need to try and impress her or anything, whereas Miranda starts getting into Shepard after he helps her with her problem and is aiding Cerberus in their xenophobic ways. I mean, I thought she was gonna pull a gun on me near the end.
---
"Ooh. 'Big Pink.' It's the only gum with the breath-freshening power of ham." ~Fry
#37KingAchmedPosted 2/2/2010 8:52:49 AM
hips of course.

in all seriousness i liked her character more than any of the other characters...but of course its mostly the hips.
---
"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
Abraham Lincoln
#38tizzywilkillyouPosted 2/2/2010 8:54:16 AM
+1 for the overachieving arrogant ***** (and +500 for Yvonna Strahovski).

Anyway once you get deeper in, loyalty quest, etc, Miranda becomes much more interesting of a character, and more likable, as she 'opens up' to Shepard.

+1 for numerous AIDS tests needed in order to even consider touching Jack.

Tali = almost certainly extreme butterface, with a voice that feels like a drill bit drilling into my brain. No thanks.
#39Shadowmaster_MPosted 2/2/2010 8:55:16 AM
I understand the "ungrateful" comment least of all.
---
Das Feuer liebt mich.
#40HandOfCheesePosted 2/2/2010 8:55:43 AM
^^^ Oh, you don't have to impress her, do you, hmmm?

You only need to, I don't know, save one of her people, save her ass on Heastrom, take her to the Flotilla, destroy a miniature Geth army, take back the ship, defend her on a trial and finally, mediate her relationship with Legion until finally, FINALLY she agrees to sleep with you!?

Bull-bloody-****.

---
You must always lose something to truly learn what you had.