So why exactly is Tali so loved?

#81simo98088Posted 2/4/2010 4:03:12 AM

PabloEscobar20 posted...

She had "datass" in ME 1, but now "datass" title belongs to Miranda as shown here.

LOL.. thank you for that.. Awesome.

#82dourtewgPosted 2/4/2010 6:25:07 AM
Its part of what makes Wrex different. Its what sets him apart from the other Krogan. Every other species in the game regard the Krogan as brutal mercenaries. The game constantly forces how barbaric they are in our collective faces.

Wrex's seemingly unique ability (among Krogan) to think rationally is part of his character.

Rationality goes right out the window when you can hold the future of your race in your hands, and then crush it because someone clicks 'charm' or 'intimidate'. Destroying the genophage because the guy who developed it is trying to use your species as shock troops, instead of getting a sample to synthesize later and cure your people, isn't rational; it's scripted. It seems rational to everyone else, because the Krogan breed like rabbits; they had to, to ensure a fraction survived on their extremely hostile homeworld. In almost any other environment, they'd overrun any world in a generation (probably substantially less than a generation, as Krogan can live for over a thousand years).

With a nonsentient species with no natural predators to control their population, it's a relatively easy choice to cull their numbers to maintain an ecosystem. When a fast-breeding, long-lived, violent race can think and feel... the lines blur. Sure, it works out for the rest of the galaxy that the salarians tailored it to "stabilize" their numbers, but what happens when they decide that humans breed too fast? Why do the council races get to play God with the krogan?
---
Don't you forget that you're First Marines! Not all the communists in Hell can overrun you! Col "Chesty" Puller, USMC
#83ME BERISHNIKOFTPosted 2/4/2010 9:41:18 AM
So I found a deviant-art pic of what Tali might look like under the helmet...

http://meken.deviantart.com/art/Unmasked-Quarians-150723470

I'd hit it...

Although I also love the picture that someone posted earlier in the topic. She looked great in that too.
---
I'm madly in love with you. Yes, you. Yes, the one looking at this. No this is not a joke. No, you cannot unread this.
#84ME BERISHNIKOFTPosted 2/4/2010 9:44:12 AM
^the only thing really wrong with the pic in terms of accuracy is that there is no human-like nose, which is clearly there under the helmet.

Also, the bulge in back seems to settle more like human hair then like...that...(think Muslim women wearing a hijab)

Other then that though, I really like the face :-D

(yes, I did just respond to myself, lolol)
---
I'm madly in love with you. Yes, you. Yes, the one looking at this. No this is not a joke. No, you cannot unread this.
#85ME BERISHNIKOFTPosted 2/4/2010 1:10:35 PM
bump
---
#86BlindDeadeyePosted 2/4/2010 1:16:54 PM
Her reaction to you accepting her passes is what a normal introverted techy would say, making the romance a bit more.....satisfying IMO.
---
"What do you MEAN, I have to finish a chocobo race in under zero seconds?! "- FFX's Chocobo race.
#87sanzo404Posted 2/4/2010 1:23:21 PM
the mystery of her face, her body, her nerd-like awkwardness, and her awesome intelligence