IFF, final crew member & point of no return.

#1MiniKillerPosted 2/2/2010 2:38:05 AM
Ok I am confused and need some clearification. Some topics are saying dnt do the IFF quest until I'm ready for end game. Others have said don't get the final crew member and yet I still can't decipher te point of no return.

I just got the IFF quest and elected to wait and am working on all the loyalty quests now but I enjoy getting all the crew before doing anything else. I don't even know if I have the mission for the final crew member, I don't think I do yet.

As I said search function is providing mixed answers, thank you for the help.
#2XboxBlokePosted 2/2/2010 2:39:40 AM
The final crew member is acquired on the IFF mission, once you start the IFF mission you've hit the point of no return where you're almost shoved into the path of finishing the story regardless of what you want to do.
---
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonblight&cn=Krylgore
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonblight&n=Rygol
#3Shogun_MasterPosted 2/2/2010 2:40:17 AM
Did the event already happen where shepard and everyone on his squad leaves on the shuttle while EDI implements the IFF?
#4cjw14Posted 2/2/2010 2:40:38 AM
Definatly do all side quests and loyalty missions you want to do before IFF otherwise you risk people dying.
#5joventinoPosted 2/2/2010 2:41:22 AM
The final crew member will be acquired after finishing the IFF

After that, you can travel the galaxy and do whatever you want to do

The moment you do the final crew member's loyalty mission though, a crucial part of the game will occur

After this part, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED you go to the Omega 4 Relay right away but you can still roam the galaxy if you like

You can continue your game after beating the final mission anyway so I suggest that head straight for the suicide mission
---
Currently Playing: Mass Effect 2
On Board: Tomb Raider: Underworld (Replay)
#6MiniKiller(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2010 7:36:58 AM
So I can get the last crew via the iff and as long as I don't do his loyalty mission I'm ok? You ate trllin me thegame pushes you that way but what's the penelty if you don't?
#7SkytheWiz1Posted 2/2/2010 7:40:16 AM

joventino posted...
The final crew member will be acquired after finishing the IFF

After that, you can travel the galaxy and do whatever you want to do

The moment you do the final crew member's loyalty mission though, a crucial part of the game will occur

After this part, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED you go to the Omega 4 Relay right away but you can still roam the galaxy if you like

You can continue your game after beating the final mission anyway so I suggest that head straight for the suicide mission
---
Currently Playing: Mass Effect 2
On Board: Tomb Raider: Underworld (Replay)

False false false!
After the IFF mission, you have a one mission slot. After ANY ONE mission, the "crucial part of the game" will occur. This one mission slot gives you the chance to get the loyalty and continue on for the perfect ending...but the crucial part does not have to occur after the loyalty quest.

#8MiniKiller(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2010 7:43:36 AM
So after IFF i'm able to do only one quest then it's point of no return
#9mike_ko10Posted 2/2/2010 7:46:00 AM
After IFF you can do as many quests as you want, but if you want the best ending, it's recommended to do the loyalty quest of the last squad member and then go through the omega 4 relay.
---
The above post may contain sarcasm.
#10SkytheWiz1Posted 2/2/2010 7:46:11 AM

Mini Killer posted...
So after IFF i'm able to do only one quest then it's point of no return

Well, I'd consider IFF to be the point, but yes. One quest after IFF.

After this quest, it'll LOOK like you can free roam (and you can) but if you do so, you risk peoples' lives.
No more info without giving spoilers.