What's the Paragon choice for Garrus's loyalty mission? (spoilers)

#1Harken_The_Her0Posted 2/2/2010 3:46:23 PM
Do I let Garrus shoot Harkin or do I warn him? Will both give me Garrus's loyalty or do I have to pick one?
---
§§BrosBrawl: 2878-9252-7427
SC2: Can the Map Editor- Yes it can.
#2TaiketoPosted 2/2/2010 3:47:14 PM
I think Garrus's mission is one that you actually CAN'T fail. Paragon option is whatever is top left/top right.
---
You can trust me! Look, I have pen!
#3contownPosted 2/2/2010 3:47:58 PM
No matter what, you gain Garrus's loyalty at the end of the mission. If you want to push him towards being more paragon, don't let him shoot Harkin or Sidonis. He won't hate you for it. If you want to reaffirm his renegade mindset, let him shoot both.
---
Mass Effect: The Valkyrie Chronicles
If you're a Mass Effect fan and want to join an RP, we're here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=916878
#4TaiketoPosted 2/2/2010 3:48:23 PM
Oh, you're not talking about Harkin, you're talking about the dude he's hunting.

SPOILERS ABOUT GARRUS LOYALTY QUEST

If you warn him he starts to run, there's a Paragon interrupt, if you don't press it Garrus takes the shot.
---
You can trust me! Look, I have pen!
#5oemorishPosted 2/2/2010 3:48:40 PM
on this mission your intial options are lef tor right not top left or top right.

you can let garrus take the shot and get his loyalty or you can talk to the guy a little bit and hear his story and let garrus decide.
#6KeldeanPosted 2/2/2010 3:48:56 PM
I'm not sure if it's the paragon choice or not, but I let Garrus kill him. IMO, anyone who causes ten people to die like Sidonis did deserves to be offed.
---
sig lol
#7DeathNoticePosted 2/2/2010 3:48:59 PM
Are you talking about Harkin or Sidonis?

I stopped Garrus from killing Harkin and let him kill Sidonis, got his loyalty. I hear if you tip off Sidonis you won't get Garrus' loyalty, though.
---
We have to give everything- even if that means our lives. We will stop at nothing! We will fight for the Lost!
XBL GT: Exodus33
#8AstrapsodyPosted 2/2/2010 3:53:17 PM

Keldean posted...
I'm not sure if it's the paragon choice or not, but I let Garrus kill him. IMO, anyone who causes ten people to die like Sidonis did deserves to be offed.
---
sig lol

That's what I thought at first, but his life was being threatened at the time. And it's not like he was a current threat to anybody. If he was, then it's justified, but I think it's unlike Garrus to kill without a logical reason. He was fine when interrogating Harkin, though. :D

#9AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 2/2/2010 3:55:32 PM
I'm not sure what the consequences story-wise are, but i don't think you get paragon or renegade at all for sidonis. I let harkin live, but let Garrus kill Sidonis.

I watched intently for the little info in the bottom right screen to see if I got any renegade points, and nothing ever came up. So either you get no points for this action (and since they split it left/right, rather than up/down, it seems deliberate), or there's a glitch where it doesn't show you the points after completing it.
---
"Do you really want to fight an army of vampires?"
"Since I was 12 years old."
#10Harken_The_Her0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2010 3:56:24 PM
I meant Sidonis, sorry, but thank you all.
---
§§BrosBrawl: 2878-9252-7427
SC2: Can the Map Editor- Yes it can.