Zaeed's Loyalty Paragon

#1mstarcruiserPosted 2/8/2010 9:38:27 PM
Okay, first question, is Zaeed's Paragon loyalty the only way to get enough Heavy Weapons ammo to get a 200% cap for 2-shot Cain for bosses?

Also, anyone know about how much Paragon you need if you want to 'convince' Zaeed at the end of his loyalty mission. This is one mission that I'd really like to do paragon if possible. The renegade path to get the assault rifle upgrade seems kind of redundant, especially if your playing on insanity and would kill for a chance to use Cain on Horizon as well as the chance to be able to store an extra shot later on.
#2skillfactorPosted 2/9/2010 3:41:26 PM
bump
#3BassForeverPosted 2/9/2010 3:43:51 PM
To get Zaeed's loyalty as a paragon

1- Punch Zaeed in the face with the Paragon interrupt after he sets the building on fire
2- Go to rescue the hostages
3- When the piece of metal falls on him, don't tell him "he deserved that" (the upper right option) tell him "why should I trust you" (neutral option)
4- After that pick the upper right option and you'll have his loyalty
---
The Grizzor "... and this is why crack is illegal"
#4veramisPosted 2/9/2010 3:48:52 PM

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_2:_Upgrade_Locations

You can get 7 heavy weapon ammo upgrades, but only 6 will be used, so going for the assault rifle upgrade in Renegade would be better. If you collect every single ammo upgrade, you will get 190% capacity for cain, if you wear the Ordinance Pack on your leg slot it becomes 200% max. I rather have 190% capacity, the 10% life leg item is better until maybe the final boss when you want to use 2 cain shots, but during that fight, a Harbinger will drop a big white box of heavy ammo so you can shoot again with 190% max ammo.

#5deaconmonPosted 2/9/2010 11:20:55 PM
someone said this
To get Zaeed's loyalty as a paragon

1- Punch Zaeed in the face with the Paragon interrupt after he sets the building on fire
2- Go to rescue the hostages
3- When the piece of metal falls on him, don't tell him "he deserved that" (the upper right option) tell him "why should I trust you" (neutral option)
4- After that pick the upper right option and you'll have his loyalty
---
this is just untrue

I punched him in the face
picked the "why should I trust you" and no luck
I actually played the level through saving the workers, or with chasing the other guy with Zaeed

I have tried every convo option available at the end of the mission - but there is one upper left option that is grayed out and not available - I assume it is a paragon option, since it looks like bold text

After this mission, I go find Legion, and am at level 23, so I am right at the end of the game, stuck with maybe 80% paragon and 20-25% renegade

so, my experience says "save the workers, lose Zaeed's loyalty" period - the only possible way around this is if you played the "paragon" game to the hilt and have really high paragon and possibly the convo option I could not get is the one you need.
#6OddratPosted 2/9/2010 11:25:01 PM
You need to choose the paragon response after the piece of metal falls on him. It's the one that involves sticking a gun in his face. I'm not sure how much paragon you need but I had mine about halfway full when I did it.
#7skillfactorPosted 2/10/2010 12:24:10 PM
I have tested this until exhaustion and purposefully waited for him until i maxxed paragon... im 90% and suffice to say.. after trying to every conversation option the paragon one is still blacked out. .. I'll go back when im 100% but i think its a safe bet to say its just a glitch considering people with less than half of there paragon full are still getting the option. Is Bioware ever going to comment on this? Being DLC you'd think they'd ensure it worked
#8FZATMOIPosted 2/10/2010 12:26:47 PM
If you're worried about Zaeed's loyalty for the end of the game or whatever, just choose the Renegade option and let the people burn. Getting a few Renegade points isn't going to ruin or in any way effect your Paragon Shepard.

---
I drink your milkshake!
#9monkmithPosted 2/10/2010 12:27:18 PM
sounds like a glitch then, i did the paragon choice for that mission and still got his loyalty, even though it was the first companion mission and my paragon rating was pretty low.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#10oTmB_ehPosted 2/10/2010 12:27:45 PM
I've gotten up to 90% extra HWA and had the +10% leggings, but the cain maxed out at 184 (started getting credits for power ammo crates)

It seems after the 75% upgrade that even though you get them, they won't work.

---
GT: Optik4
"You don't need to be a better shot, you just need to shoot more bullets!" - Marcus's vending machine