So what happens with a NOT upgraded Normandy (Spoilers)

#1yienmasterPosted 2/13/2010 12:01:03 AM
I just got to the Collector base, and saw the benefits of having upgraded kinetic barriers, hull armor plating, and cannons.

I'm wondering what happens without those upgrades? Can you not destroy the Collector ship? Do you smash up the Normandy in the debris field? Do the attacks from those eye-ball drones breach the hull?

Just wondering what the outcomes are, because I don't think I'll want to skip them on a replay just to see the different outcome. Or can you save them for immediately before the suicide mission, save the game, and then see what happens, then reload and apply the upgrades right before the mission?
#2RomajiPosted 2/13/2010 12:03:27 AM
My guess is that certain characters die before you get to the base. Could be wrong, though.
---
It's Dragon Ball Z for girls - VGCats on Inuyasha
The Revolution is real; we have played it. And it will change everything. - GI
#3Agent TJPosted 2/13/2010 12:04:47 AM
Ya 3 chraters die, One for each upgrade. Dont know if its random picked or not.
---
"The machine supplements your heart and lungs that power comes from Jehuty, you will die if you leave Jehuty"- Ken Marinaris
#4AmareusPosted 2/13/2010 12:05:56 AM
Jack dies, Thane dies, Tali/Legion dies (not sure how this was decided because I had both their loyalty and Legion died)
---
I'm Amareus and this is my favorite thread on GameFAQs.
#5DaryLeonardoPosted 2/13/2010 12:06:05 AM
no - you're right. if you don't have all three upgrades a member of your squad will die for each upgrade you don't have. in my first play through i didn't have any upgrades and both tali and jack died. i restarted the mission before i saw who else would go.
#6TheRobPosted 2/13/2010 12:18:55 AM
Lucky for me the scanning crap gives me OCD and I stopped to scan every planet until they said "Depleted", so not long into the game I had already bought all upgrades to the ship. :)

I'm planning on keeping everyone alive, I want an epic reunion in Mass Effect 3 with all surviving (i.e. non story forced deaths) rejoining my team, well, if they allow it anyway.

---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#7inoblePosted 2/13/2010 12:21:58 AM
I'm planning on keeping everyone alive, I want an epic reunion in Mass Effect 3 with all surviving (i.e. non story forced deaths) rejoining my team, well, if they allow it anyway.

I don't think this will happen. Given all the variables it would be very difficult to program.