Save or destroy? (spoilers)

#1PokeyBananaPosted 2/14/2010 1:35:52 PM
So the final decision. What do you think is best? On the face of it, it seems better to save the collector base so you can learn from it for ME3. But the fact you can it over to the Illusive Man does not sit well with me as you know he's going to fudge you over in ME3.

Maybe destroying it is for the best, after all, humanity will always find a way in the end.
---
I like to skid along wet floors on my squeaky bum cheeks.
#2PieInTheSkyGuyPosted 2/14/2010 1:37:05 PM
Do both, so you can set yourself up for ME3.
---
"Maybe I was wrong to hold you up so high, now I know I've lost you to the feelings I kept inside"
GT-Suicidal bunnys
#3YMitsudaPosted 2/14/2010 1:38:55 PM
The difference will probably be as small as the supposed effect from the "HUGE OMG CHOICE" at the end of ME1.
---
People say that I'm arrogant. They're wrong. See, arrogance is a flaw; I'm flawless.
#4HighVoltage87Posted 2/14/2010 1:43:50 PM
^what he said.

And, think about it logically. On one hand, saving the base would give you an upper hand on the Reapers. But, who really trusts the illusive man not use it for evil after all is said and done? He wants to secure "Human domination".

So, I go with destroy the base cause I don't trust him.
---
"Halo 2 fanboys shriek and poo their pants when exposed to imperfect reviews."~Welis
#5Phoenixmon2Posted 2/14/2010 1:44:30 PM
I'm cheating a little with my Paragon deciding to destroy it - part of Shepard's logic is that they don't need it, and the only reason I know he's right is because there HAS to be a way for us to win in ME3. It's not like those of us that destroyed the base are already doomed to not stop the Reapers in ME3.

My Renegade will keep it.
#6vsalinas005Posted 2/14/2010 1:45:08 PM
It willprobably have just as much of an impact as the ME1 ending, what would make a bigger splash, and I'd laugh my bum off if it really did, was your choice of either declaring your resurrection or keeping your revival a secret (Are you listed as K.I.A. or not?).
#7MysteriousJAPONPosted 2/14/2010 1:56:56 PM
I'm cheating a little with my Paragon deciding to destroy it - part of Shepard's logic is that they don't need it, and the only reason I know he's right is because there HAS to be a way for us to win in ME3. It's not like those of us that destroyed the base are already doomed to not stop the Reapers in ME3.

I thought that was funny too. The choice would be a little harder if the player thought the situation with the Reapers was more desperate than it was. But by virtue of simply being a game that should be beaten, that seems impossible.

For all of Matrix sequels' faults, they were pretty good about making the rebels situation seem pretty hopeless.
---
An Encore.
#8PokeyBanana(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2010 2:02:34 PM
Yeah, as we all know that ME3 must be possible to complete, it makes more sense to destroy it. After all, the Illusive Man will probably just use it to try and conquer the Universe anyway.
---
I like to skid along wet floors on my squeaky bum cheeks.