Soldier-Adrenaline Rush: Hardened or Heightened?

#1vespa5Posted 2/19/2010 8:47:40 AM

I already did a search using terms "Adrenaline Rush", "Heightened" and "Hardened" and did not get any ME2 results. Therefore this post.

So I've had my Level 30 soldier maxed out on Hardened Adrenaline rush thinking that the -50% damage is a great (especially if you need a quick escape and you're in the red in health bar status and need to run for cover) - but according to the Mass Effect Wiki - Heightened Adrenaline gives you 140% damage bonus and slows down everything even more as opposed to 100% damage bonus with Hardened.

What are the pros/cons of using Heightened vs. Hardened Adrenaline? I have a Widow and a Geth Pulse Rifle with all the major AR and Sniper upgrades. Would a 40% damage increase be any more use to me on Insanity? Or should I just stick with Hardened Adrenaline for the -50% damage protection? Feedback would be well appreciated. Thanks!

#2Xeno_PredatorPosted 2/19/2010 8:48:50 AM
I've done insanity with my Soldier. I recommend hardened; the -50% damage helps out a lot.

---
That is a joke. - EDI
#3Renegade109Posted 2/19/2010 8:50:36 AM
Seriously with 70% time dilation, you may as well be invincible for 5 seconds, time almost practically sits still, I'd almost always recommend Heightened over Hardened AR. Not only is getting those vital headshots made incredibly easy but 140% bonus damage for 5 seconds is ridiculous.
---
"Music is my religion..." - Jimi Hendrix
Platinum: 0216 8244 4351 / AJ
#4advocacyPosted 2/19/2010 8:50:39 AM
Heightened Adrenaline Rush for Widow and a rapid succession of head-shots.
---
Gamertag: Admonishment
#5vespa5(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2010 8:57:18 AM

Renegade109 posted...
Seriously with 70% time dilation, you may as well be invincible for 5 seconds, time almost practically sits still, I'd almost always recommend Heightened over Hardened AR. Not only is getting those vital headshots made incredibly easy but 140% bonus damage for 5 seconds is ridiculous.
---
"Music is my religion..." - Jimi Hendrix
Platinum: 0216 8244 4351 / AJ

Wow. Thanks. Good point! Makes a lot of sense, especially if I'm on my 3rd playthrough starting all over again (which means all my researched upgrades are back to nil - I still have the armor upgrades and visor for added weapon damage though and headshot bonus damage). Hardened AR helped me out during random times I was getting flanked or blindsided and need to get to another cover point immediately and the -50% damage bonus helped (especially during Horizon and Tali's recruitment mission). But if I really want to make the darn shot count, I could see how the Heightened AR could just make that 1 shot count - especially from a Widow. Thanks for the feedback y'all!