Are there enough credits to purchase every upgrade?

#1Parrothead617Posted 3/8/2010 2:32:06 AM
It seems like some stores get new stock in after you buy everything there. I returned to Illium to get one upgrade I couldn't afford last time and every store had new merchandise available. Does this keep happening? Can you truly buy ALL the upgrades in a single playthrough?
---
The Dude abides...
#2c0mplexPosted 3/8/2010 2:35:53 AM
On a single playthrough... I don't think so.

With a ME1 non-level 60 "Rich" import and a prior ME2 playthrough, you do get enough money to buy 'everything' as long as you don't buy the two upgrades that double to time limit for by-passes and hacking (which are completely unnecessary anyways).
#3WaldkriegerPosted 3/8/2010 2:59:16 AM

You can aquire about 95% of all upgrades, not 100%.

I imported my Shepard from ME1 and I did every single quest, side quest, ME1 import quests, and mission available in the game but completed the game with about 3 or 4 weapon upgrades I could not afford.

Here is part of the reason:

You recieve credits and upgrades doing the Legion mission but if you go anywhere else other then to do his Loyalty mission and then stright into the omege relay, such as Illium or Citadel, to do some last minute shopping, then people will die. So, you are unable to go spend those credits on the remaining weapon armor upgrades that you could not afford; which is only about 3 or 4. Henceforth, it is completely pointless for them to give you credits on the Legion missions because you can't go spend it anyway. It's a rather stupid way they made this and I hope it changes in ME3.

#4DVeagle74Posted 3/8/2010 4:39:54 AM
but that depends on what order things happen for you. if you do legion's loyalty BEFORE the crew gets kidnapped, and all of the upgrades you need are on one planet, then you should be able to get those and save the crew.
---
3/7/2010 9:55:37 AM
-The day that the most impressive thread on GameFAQs closed.
#5GotMalkAvianPosted 3/8/2010 5:45:44 AM
*spoilers*

You can't do Legion's loyalty mission before the crew gets kidnapped, though. Completing the IFF mission- and thus unlocking Legion- triggers the two-mission "timer," and doing missions beyond that threshhold will cause crew members to die during the final mission.
However, by my understanding, you can cruise around the galaxy as much as you want after the "timer" starts without penalty, as long as you only do two missions. So, as far as I can tell, taking a shopping trip won't endanger your crew.
---
So a baby seal walks into a club...
#6Shadowmaster_MPosted 3/8/2010 5:48:03 AM
There are, but you'll need to bet on quite a lot of Varren fights.
---
Das Feuer liebt mich.
#7jpv2000Posted 3/8/2010 5:58:50 AM
GotMalkAvain posted:

*spoilers*

"You can't do Legion's loyalty mission before the crew gets kidnapped, though. Completing the IFF mission- and thus unlocking Legion- triggers the two-mission "timer," and doing missions beyond that threshhold will cause crew members to die during the final mission.
However, by my understanding, you can cruise around the galaxy as much as you want after the "timer" starts without penalty, as long as you only do two missions. So, as far as I can tell, taking a shopping trip won't endanger your crew."

Yes, you can. Do the IFF, ignore EDI and go down and talk to Legion. This allows you to go shopping and do Legions loyalty before the crew is taken. I've done it on every game I've played.
#8jpv2000Posted 3/8/2010 6:01:11 AM
Shadowmaster_M posted:

"There are, but you'll need to bet on quite a lot of Varren fights."

Tell me about it. I want to say, "Bet some REAL money, Krogan." Like 100,000 credits a fight. That would be more like it.
#9Anabuhabkuss the 2ndPosted 3/8/2010 7:01:47 AM
i just beat insanity last night with every side quest completed and managed to buy everything. I int once touch the "dog" fight.
#10Anabuhabkuss the 2ndPosted 3/8/2010 7:05:14 AM
oh but to clarify, i imported a rich lvl 60 character and didnt bother with the hack upgrades.