Best RPG of all time?

#91Aleph_XPosted 3/15/2010 3:24:51 PM
Skies of Arcadia
#92CEMETARY_GATESx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2010 3:24:54 PM
Secret of mana was excellent! Playing with 3 friends was epic but games like that were great when they came out. It's like Tolkien was great for his time (or not), but more modern authors like RA Salvatore runs circles around him by building on what he established and making it more refined.
#93Saifer2212Posted 3/15/2010 3:34:30 PM
"Got to thinking....maybe my its name - ROLE PLAYING game - Mass Effect 2 is more of an RPG than any other game.

Apart from open world RPGs....what other game let's you choose your trule ROLE as well as Mass Effect 2?

In my JRPGs (which I do enjoy, although not as much as I used to) you are just along for the ride."

Crono Trigger gave you a different ending depending on when you beat Lavos.

Crono Trigger > ME 2
#94Saifer2212Posted 3/15/2010 3:36:58 PM
Everyone has their opinions, just because you think this is the best rpg of all time doesn't mean it's the best rpg of all time to everyone.
#95Alex1268Posted 3/15/2010 3:44:43 PM
"Bioshock is a shooter with RPG elements. Mass Effect 2 is a successful hybridization of shooter and RPG. There is a difference."

lol what? nonono, mass effect 1 is a successnful hybridization of shooter and RPG, ME2 is a shooter with RPG elements, honestly, whats RPG about it other than choices and leveling. Same idea with Bioshock. Dont get me wrong, I love ME1 & 2 to death.
---
In my opinion, Street Fighter 2 is a better fighting game than Checkers. Checkers doesn't even have a last boss, and all the characters look the same!
#96TuranthorPosted 3/15/2010 4:59:03 PM
CEMETARY_GATESx
Posted 3/15/2010 3:24:54 PM
message detail
"Secret of mana was excellent! Playing with 3 friends was epic but games like that were great when they came out. It's like Tolkien was great for his time (or not), but more modern authors like RA Salvatore runs circles around him by building on what he established and making it more refined."

HAHAHA, I am sorry but this comment made me laugh harder than I have in a very long time!

the fact you use RAS of all people, it just makes it that much more priceless. I have met the guy, even he admits Tolkien was the Master.

I am bookmarking this thread and sending it to some friends. LOL
---
"Take your hands off me you city-bred Dog. I've killed better men than you for less than this!"
#97TallWhiteNinjaPosted 3/15/2010 5:00:32 PM
t's like Tolkien was great for his time (or not), but more modern authors like RA Salvatore runs circles around him by building on what he established and making it more refined."

*spittake*

I love Salvatore as much as the next fantasy novel fan...but come on, Tolkien is a god.
---
Either the worst great player or the best horrible player you'll ever meet.
#98jzrocPosted 3/15/2010 5:23:31 PM
ya dude, why would you even bother trying to make that comparison?. I read that and was like, "what?" You stated a valid point and followed up by completely discrediting yourself
#99The_FleePosted 3/15/2010 5:33:42 PM
i didnt read half of this topic but whoever said crono trigger is right imo
---
Who would ever want to be king?
#100IwantedzeroPosted 3/15/2010 5:46:13 PM

Skies of Arcadia

Thank you.

IMO: The best RPG is Steambot Chronicles.
---
Trust me, I'm a random stranger on the internet.
Live long, be happy, and try to ensure those around you do as well.