Hammer head weapons....

#1LunerPosted 8/26/2010 6:57:51 PM
Anyone else here you had a machine gun or something on it? I mean, some time's it's a royal pain to kill the smaller targets. Or atleast upgrade it's armor or shields. Sometimes it feels like it's made of paper or something with how easily it gets damaged.

In ME3 I hope they address this, or something. It's fun to drive around, but again, it seems a little weak, and fragile.
---
The process of learning to draw is like developing a taste for fine wine, the longer you indulge in it, the more adept you become at tasting your art.
#2Shannon_ForakerPosted 8/26/2010 7:11:26 PM
Just saturate the area with missiles, there is virtually no firing delay, so just hammer the trigger as fast as possible.

It really does need a shield though.

---
Vice Admiral Shannon Foraker, Republic of Haven
Oops...
#3Luner(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2010 7:13:40 PM
yeah, or give us another vehicle to take, something heavy but a little slower, a true blue tank so to speak, and they you get the fast but lightly armored scout vehicle like the hammer head. But since vehicular combat is such a small part of the game, I doubt such a thing will happen. I'll be satisfied if the Hammerhead gets some shields at the very least.
---
The process of learning to draw is like developing a taste for fine wine, the longer you indulge in it, the more adept you become at tasting your art.
#4RampagingwalrusPosted 8/27/2010 3:22:17 AM
All the Hammerhead needs (as everybody else mentioned) is shields. Aside from that, it's much preferable to the Mako.

Why anybody would drop a ground transport onto a planet, when you could drop a hovercraft, or aerial transport is beyond me.
---
By reading this, you waive any rights you have to feeling bad about my making fun of you.
Thank you for your time. :-)
#5The-MutantPosted 8/27/2010 5:16:25 AM
I agree with the walrus. o: Its speed and manueverability (plus the WHEEEEEE hoverjumps) already put it above the Mako in my book. Just a little more durability and I'll sing its praises.
---
This place has outlasted its usefulness... as have you! -Kain (Soul Reaver)
#6melvin343Posted 8/27/2010 5:36:57 AM
Half the time, I use the Hammer Head as a Battering ram on the Geth and sometimes the Turrent guns but the drawback is you can't keep on Ramming the Turrent or you can kiss your Hammer Head goodbye.
I say the Hammer Head needs that Medi Gel repair that was used on the Mako and a Machine Gun also.
---
I'm not on Twitter, I don't Tweet, I got nothing against Twitter but I have no reason to go there at all.
XBOX GT. player1mj117
#7RampagingwalrusPosted 8/27/2010 5:38:51 AM
What's the point of a machine gun, when you have rapid-fire target seeking missles?

Personally, I think a machine gun that shoots target seeking high-explosive missles is preferable to a machine gun that shoots tiny pellets. But hey, that's just me.
---
By reading this, you waive any rights you have to feeling bad about my making fun of you.
Thank you for your time. :-)
#8ArsenicSteelPosted 8/27/2010 6:51:35 AM
The hammerhead needed a bunch of things like turrets, shields, and a HUD. I am not sure why Bioware went in the direction of simulation type on-foot combat but for vehicle combat took several queue's from Wipeout.

---
A heretic among heretics.
#9SxMilionPesoManPosted 8/27/2010 11:58:29 AM
I want a machine gun cause most of the time my missiles don't go where i want them to go. but since this game focuses so little on vehicle combat its not that big of an big issue