What Lair of the Shadow Broker means for ME3 (LotSB Spoilers)

#1WemedgePosted 9/7/2010 1:30:56 PM
*********************************SPOILERS*************

1) Seems to me that ME3 is now set for the Normandy and crew to be working for Liara rather than TIM. Although I can see that whatever your decision is regarding the Collector base having an effect, if what I have heard about the books is true (that Cerberus is bankrupt) then it seems logical for Shep to work for Liara. In ME3, it seems that what the Normandy needs more than anything will be information on the Reapers rather than upgrades (though I would imagine that Liara could funnel some money your way)

2) Miranda is barren and unable to have a kid. I wonder if this will come up in ME3. Could TIM use it as leverage against her, maybe promising to either 'cure' her or offer her a 'Miranda in a Jar' genetic clone?

3) With Thane being sick, Feron *might* be a substitute for him if his health declines or he dies.

4) Shep *may* have to answer to the murder of a council spector. That could lead to Shep getting stripped of Spector status and either losing Council support or even being hunted as a fugitive in ME3, making it truly Shep vs. Everyone.

5) If Zaeed is at all serious about his retirement home, it may explain his absence from ME3 should they choose to lose him. Given that Zaeed fulfilled his contract to find out what happened to human colonies and stop the Collectors, he may consider himself finished.
#2LessThanLukePosted 9/7/2010 1:35:05 PM
I can't help but think Feron and Thane will know each other. I know that's a bit of an assumption since they're like, the only two drell ever, but still, it seems possible.

The Miranda thing.. that's a toughie. I don't think it'll play out in any huge way. It's a bummer for her and I'm sure it will be at least mentioned but I can't imagine it'll have a mass impact.

---
shut up and go play Cosmic Spacehead.
shut up and go play King's Quest V.
#3LessThanLukePosted 9/7/2010 1:37:34 PM
Yeah I very much doubt we'll see any of the contract hirees in ME3, i.e. Zaeed, Kasumi, Thane. I can see Mordin returning, I can see Miranda and Jacob returning (though not necessarily if you end up working for Liara and not Cerberus, I can't see Jacob leaving Cerberus, he'll be the Alenko/Ashley type who stayed with their old faction, much to their disadvantage).

I think Garrus will stay throughout, ditto Tali (particularly if she was exiled). I've got this sneaky feeling Legion's going to have a key role in ME3. Perhaps he will be able to talk larger groups of geth into helping you (again, depending on the actions you took during his loyalty mission).

---
shut up and go play Cosmic Spacehead.
shut up and go play King's Quest V.
#4Soccerelite08Posted 9/7/2010 1:43:12 PM
^^^ Really? I can perfectly see Jacob leaving Cerberus, seeing how he doesn't trust half the ppl in the organization. The only reason he joined Cerberus was because of all the red tape there was in the Alliance, but he's working for Shepard now (s/he charges straight through red tape).
---
"Phoenix Wright once exorcised a ghost by objecting, and then objected so hard he made the prosecutor bleed out of his eyes." - Psycho Kirby
#5Wemedge(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2010 1:51:32 PM
I can also see Kasumi leaving which would blow because she's entertaining to watch on missions. Not sure about Thane as he's a Love Interest but I think Bioware has easily set the table to write him out and replace him with Feron.

I think Grunt, Mordin, Miranda, and Tali are with Shep for the long haul. I also think Jacob will stay with Shep. He's already left one group and he seemed to be pretty dedicated to the soldier role. Easy to see him breaking ranks with TIM and staying with Shep.

Legion will probably also be gone as i expect him to try work on getting the Geth to side with Biologicals against the Reapers and he'll likely have to return to the hive to do so.

Jack will probably stay unless you didn't get her loyalty. If she's not loyal she's got no reason to stick around.

Samara? Not so sure about her...
#6grand_commanderPosted 9/7/2010 1:55:47 PM
How would you expect Legion to play an important role if he could have been sold to Cerberus to be studied? I suppose they have an out, in that they never explain what they do with him, but still... I suppose it could be a lot like the Garrus "hey, we talked that one time, right?" if you didn't accept Garrus into your crew.

In reply to the original post though, I wouldn't expect an optional DLC to majorly influence the game world's view towards the main character.
#7FencedudePosted 9/7/2010 1:57:28 PM
I fully expect that if you didn't do the DLC, ME3 will just assume it happened between games, and automatically assign an outcome.

And if you don't like what it is, well, tough cookies.

---
Birth, Childhood, Loss, Compensation, Purpose, Defeat, Pain, Depression, Defilement, Validation, Victory, Death, Rebirth, Love
#8Wemedge(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2010 1:58:46 PM
^^ Considering that I never sell Legion to Cerberus, I forgot that was an option :)

Good point though.
#9MegatonMaynardPosted 9/7/2010 4:44:07 PM
bump
#10LFCKINGSPosted 9/7/2010 4:49:59 PM

Yeah I very much doubt we'll see any of the contract hirees in ME3, i.e. Zaeed, Kasumi, Thane. I can see Mordin returning, I can see Miranda and Jacob returning (though not necessarily if you end up working for Liara and not Cerberus, I can't see Jacob leaving Cerberus, he'll be the Alenko/Ashley type who stayed with their old faction, much to their disadvantage).

I think Garrus will stay throughout, ditto Tali (particularly if she was exiled). I've got this sneaky feeling Legion's going to have a key role in ME3. Perhaps he will be able to talk larger groups of geth into helping you (again, depending on the actions you took during his loyalty mission).

Yeah, i agree, although i'm not to sure about Jacob as Soccerelite08 stated...
---
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly