What are the chances of a GOTY/Complete Edition of this?

#1bub166Posted 11/9/2010 5:20:35 PM

I'm late to the party, I know, but I want this game pretty bad. However, I'm also patient and if there is a complete collection of this coming out, I'd rather just purchase that. That being said, how much is all of the essential DLC combined? (essential meaning none of the weapon packs/extra suits.)

#2RampagingwalrusPosted 11/9/2010 5:32:07 PM
0% until all of the DLC is out, which hasn't happened yet.
---
By reading this, you waive any rights you have to feeling bad about my making fun of you.
Thank you for your time. :-)
#3bessy67Posted 11/9/2010 5:49:47 PM

I'd say that there's actually a good chance of them releasing a GOTY edition along the PS3 release in January. They haven't said anything about it, but it seems to make sense.

#4bessy67Posted 11/9/2010 5:53:29 PM

Oh, and Kasumi and Overlord are 560 points, Shadow Broker is 800. So 1920 MS points for all the essential DLC packs (or $24)

#5bub166(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2010 6:19:16 PM

Not as bad as I thought. Huh, well, no harm in buying I guess. GOTY would likely be 60 dollars anyways, though it could always come with a bonus. And the idea of it being released alongside PS3 edition seems extremely plausible. I may be able to be patient, but I also don't have a wait-and-see attitude, so I suppose I'll just pick up the base game and worry about DLC later. from what I hear the game lasts quite a while so I should have time before I need DLC. Thanks for the help guys!

#6RampagingwalrusPosted 11/9/2010 6:22:23 PM
And the idea of it being released alongside PS3 edition seems extremely plausible.

Actually, it's closer to totally impossible. Unless, Lair is the entirety of the "story build up to ME3 DLC" they hyped so much about.

It's entirely more likely that the "complete" edition won't be released until ME3 is, as they're likely to be releasing DLC up until then.
---
By reading this, you waive any rights you have to feeling bad about my making fun of you.
#7ZatielPosted 11/9/2010 7:42:48 PM
It's definitely happening and silly to doubt it. Bioware is putting out the Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition, which is just a GOTY edition. Now they've announced the PS3 edition with all the DLC. Dumping the DLC to disc will give them an excuse to ship more units and raise the price back up. It's going to happen eventually, if not simultaneously with the PS3 edition.
#8RampagingwalrusPosted 11/9/2010 9:47:05 PM
It's definitely happening and silly to doubt it. Bioware is putting out the Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition, which is just a GOTY edition. Now they've announced the PS3 edition with all the DLC. Dumping the DLC to disc will give them an excuse to ship more units and raise the price back up. It's going to happen eventually, if not simultaneously with the PS3 edition.

All current DLC. Not all DLC. They are still making DLC. And they are not going to release a "complete" edition before they have finished all DLC.

Lair is the first in a series of bridge DLC. The second in the series may be out by January, but the entirety of the series isn't going to be out by then. So yeah, it is in fact impossible for them to release a complete edition alongside the PS3 release.

If anything, they will release the second bridge DLC alongside the PS3 release. Letting the PS3 buyers get it for free, whereas 360 owners will have to purchase it. But as for the third, and any future DLC in the bridge series, they'll have to pay for it also.
---
#9bub166(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2010 3:39:02 PM

EA seems to be in the habit of releasing "complete" editions before the game is done getting content. Bad Company 2 got one, and we already know that gets more DLC very soon. And if you are to argue that Bioware wouldn't want to release it before all the DLC is out, I don't recall them ever announcing that they are done with DLC for Dragon Age. If so, then I can kinda understand that they wouldn't want to do that yet, but I'd assume a couple more DLCs for Dragon Age would help build hype for the sequel coming out next year.

#10RampagingwalrusPosted 11/10/2010 4:00:01 PM
Actually, they officially stated that the Witch Hunt DLC (I think that's what it was called) was the last Dragon Age DLC.
---