Geth: rewrite or kill?

#1MikeChris2Posted 6/26/2011 6:48:44 PM
I'm at that point in the game and my thinking is this: If you saved the racchni in ME1 you should rewrite the geth. My reason is this- one of the two is likely to turn on you in ME3. So it seems to me you need an ally. The geth should cancel out racchni or vice-versa so the only bad outcome is if they both turn on you. If that turns out to be the case then I'm going back and starting ME1 again and killing EVERYONE!
---
I don't understand. A-are you hungry? Tucker are you hungry? Are you cold? Do you need a blanket? Tucker, do you want some hotdogs in a blanket?
Caboose-RvsB
#2xKryptonKnightxPosted 6/26/2011 6:53:52 PM
Even as paragon Shepard I was tempted to kill them. Simply rewriting them and all of a sudden they're reasonable? I'd say all heretics should be destroyed.
---
Beware the fury of a patient man.
GT: xMarvel Knightx
#3SenkouPosted 6/26/2011 6:56:53 PM
I think you should just wait and see.

It's just another outcome you get to experience.
#4xKryptonKnightxPosted 6/26/2011 7:00:27 PM
Senkou posted...

Yeah, in the end, you're never certain. Just play and see what happens when the game is out so a good experience won't be spoiled.
---
Beware the fury of a patient man.
GT: xMarvel Knightx
#5SenkouPosted 6/26/2011 7:08:05 PM
xKryptonKnightx posted...
Senkou posted...

Yeah, in the end, you're never certain. Just play and see what happens when the game is out so a good experience won't be spoiled.

Yes. Ultimately, Mass Effect is just a game. The galaxy is not really at risk.

I think players should be just as willing to make the "best" as well as the "worst" choices so that they get to experience everything the game has to offer.
#6NickiousPosted 6/26/2011 9:18:55 PM

Senkou posted...

I think players should be just as willing to make the "best" as well as the "worst" choices so that they get to experience everything the game has to offer.

This. If you want to make the most out of your game, so everytime you play later on in mass effect 3 the experience maybe different.

The Geth aren't likely to turn on you in the 3rd game because the facts 1. they don't like using technology that isn't their own because it dictates what path a species will take. Soveriegn, the reaper and Legion both said this. 2. Most of the geth didn't choose to follow soveriegn so they probably aren't likely to have division again if the heretic geth are rewritten.

As a paragon I rewrite them. Though from the way all my squadmates talk, they make it sound like rewriting them is the wrong choice, when killing them will actually be the renegade choice though.

#7josefreesPosted 6/26/2011 11:20:31 PM
The way I see it you are gonna want as many potential allies as possible and make it a united galaxy vs the past. Or if you kill them humanity vs erbody

I rewrote them.

Even if they turn it's just extra destruction anyway
#8Levo1414Posted 6/27/2011 1:43:12 AM
I figure for the save choices, like the krogan, geth, rachni, we're going up against the greatest threat to the galaxy there's ever been, if they turn on us then it's going to make it slightly worse but it's worth the risk.
#9MantikorePosted 6/27/2011 3:06:34 AM
Personally, i trust that Bioware is going to make the outcome of both equally beneficial, just in different ways.

Although im interested to see if you just skip legion's quest altogether, or better yet, sell him to cerberus.
---
www.totse.info
#10IwantedzeroPosted 6/27/2011 5:37:41 AM
They're robots. When a swarm of killer robots is charging at you and you have the chance to make them all run towards the enemy, you make them run towards the enemy, not destroy them.
---
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/128/2/d/ri_chibis_series_3_by_frist44-d3fwuko.png
Good work, ChaosZeroRoxorz!