Bonus power Sentinel insanity run?

#1jdclanc11Posted 4/10/2012 3:58:12 PM
I chose Reave because I've heard it's godly, but this means I never use Warp which seems like a waste. Plus, I have to wait 12 seconds every time activate tech armor.

Should I switch to an ammo power like warp ammo, or should I let Grunt give everyone squad incendiary ammo?

Also, I heard activating tech armor refreshes squad cool downs, but I do not see that stated anywhere. Thanks.
---
War. War never changes.
#2DestinPosted 4/10/2012 5:06:56 PM
Ammo powers are good, Sentinel has a lot of actual timer using abilities already as you can tell.

Tech Armor needs to be Level 3 for it to reset squad timers, i don't remember if it says it in the game but it definitely works.
---
Destin the Valiant
#3AigonrothPosted 4/10/2012 5:21:26 PM
Taking Warp Ammo as your bonus power will give you some flexibility in your squad choice because it means you don't need to bring someone along who has an ammo power, and for squadmates with ammo powers it means you don't necessarily have to invest points in their ammo powers, freeing up their points to be put elsewhere.

So yes I would recommend switching, Reave is good but it effectively accomplishes the same thing as Warp by functioning as anti-Armor and anti-Barrier, it does create some redundancy in your power selection.

The main advantage of picking Reave (or Energy Drain) as your bonus power is that it lets you focus points that would have been spent on Warp (or Overload) elsewhere.
---
"Badassfully You Big Stupid Jellyfish"- Bubin, Mass Effect 3
#4pprincessPosted 4/10/2012 9:56:12 PM
I would respec nearly every mission, Reave is great on Vanguards but useless on Geth and mech enemies, at least on Insanity.
#5MattheauPosted 4/11/2012 12:06:57 PM
I'd say Stasis personally. It's good without needing to max it (in fact it works fine with just one point). It is the only crowd control that works through protection. It also gives a damage bonus that lets you pretty much one shot most enemies if you hit them before they get up. You can pretty much one shot everything though due to a bug that also allows you to temporarily ignore the difficulty modifier after Stasis wears off.

Aigonroth posted...
The main advantage of picking Reave (or Energy Drain) as your bonus power is that it lets you focus points that would have been spent on Warp (or Overload) elsewhere.

Except that would free up points for Throw or Cryo Blast, neither of which is a particularly great option on Insanity. If you are going to use a power on something that still has defenses, you might as well take Dominate as your bonus power.