Loyalty missions and the IFF

#1JMcodemonkeyPosted 4/26/2012 11:20:07 PM
I hear after getting the IFF, you can only do a few more loyalty missions before you're forced into the end game. How many missions can you do? I've also heard that after you get Legion, he will not instantly give you his loyalty mission. Is there any way to do everyone's loyalty mission and have my entire crew survive the Collector abduction?
---
CODE MONKEY LIKE YOU
#2SeahawkerPosted 4/27/2012 12:01:42 AM
Just do all the loyalty missions before doing the Reaper IFF and then do Legion's mission after getting him. If you do that, you can have your whole crew survive, provided that you assign the correct party members to certain assignments towards the end of the game.
---
Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? Medicine. ~~Tim Minchin
Feel free to add me on Xbox Live GT: Shihoku101
#3BeamupPosted 4/27/2012 2:58:33 AM
Legion only won't give you its loyalty mission immediately if you have another still to do. This can allow you to bring it on Tali's loyalty mission, then Legion gives you its, you do that, the the suicide mission.
---
The plural of anecdote is not data.
#4JMcodemonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 3:13:21 PM
So if I have this right, do everyone's loyalty mission except for Tali's, do the Reaper IFF, do Tali's loyalty mission, do Legion's loyalty mission, then go to the Omega 4 relay. Will my crew get abducted after Legion's mission? Some sources say that I can only do one mission after the IFF, others say I can do two. Also, when should I do DLC like Shadow Broker and Arrival?
---
CODE MONKEY LIKE YOU
#5JosieJPosted 4/27/2012 3:43:52 PM
JMcodemonkey posted...
So if I have this right, do everyone's loyalty mission except for Tali's, do the Reaper IFF, do Tali's loyalty mission, do Legion's loyalty mission, then go to the Omega 4 relay. Will my crew get abducted after Legion's mission? Some sources say that I can only do one mission after the IFF, others say I can do two.

If you do it the way you just described, you can do them both, so two. Otherwise, you can only do one. Just make sure you talk to Legion (twice, if necessary) and get his mission in your journal before you touch the galaxy map.

Also, when should I do DLC like Shadow Broker and Arrival?

That's entirely up to you; they can be done either before or after the SM. I personally tend to do Shadow Broker before the SM because it gives good xp, upgrades, and extras. It makes more sense to me to do Arrival last, so that it's still "fresh," so to speak, when I go on to ME3.
#6IndecentCrackerPosted 4/28/2012 12:43:44 PM
So, I'm at the point now where I did the Joker bit. Now is too late to go run and do Legions loyalty mission yet still save everyone right? Its go right now, not one more mission from now?
---
9/11 = biggest scapegoat since Communism
#7mudkip72Posted 4/28/2012 1:20:02 PM
IndecentCracker posted...
So, I'm at the point now where I did the Joker bit. Now is too late to go run and do Legions loyalty mission yet still save everyone right? Its go right now, not one more mission from now?

Once the kidnapping occurs, you gotta do the suicide mission if you want everyone alive.
---
"There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring.
I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life." - Church, RvB
#8IndecentCrackerPosted 4/28/2012 1:29:06 PM
Damn, so get his loyalty, or save everyone... I have a save from two hours ago, that I had done missions after. Now if I load up that save it jumps right to having to do the Joker part. Wonder why it won't let me reload and do missions again.
---
9/11 = biggest scapegoat since Communism
#9JosieJPosted 4/28/2012 2:23:15 PM
IndecentCracker posted...
Damn, so get his loyalty, or save everyone... I have a save from two hours ago, that I had done missions after. Now if I load up that save it jumps right to having to do the Joker part. Wonder why it won't let me reload and do missions again.

Don't worry about it; just don't use Legion for anything during the Suicide Mission and you should be fine.

Next time, don't touch the galaxy map until you've gotten his mission in your journal and you should be able to do his mission before the abduction triggers.
#10RiKuToTheMiGhtYPosted 4/28/2012 4:01:52 PM
I don't know why people gave you lies about how to get this right as I had the same wonder when I was playing a day ago.

I was unsure if I had enough time to do all loyalty and save everyone(crew included), then I looked on the ME wiki and saw what I needed to do and not do.

The end of mission "Collector Ship" has you asked by Miranda and Jacob to 1 "continue building the team", or 2 "go get the Reaper IFF".

ALWAYS choose "build the team" so you can finish all loyalty missions except Legions, and any other missions like the DLC or side quests if you want a maxed out character,weapons, armor.

Once you get Legion you have 1 mission only to spared and the best choice is to do Legion's loyalty mission as it will effect ME 3 just as all the loyalty missions will.

The game will automatically forward the plot after that one mission and if you do any other missions,assignments, or side quests after the crew is taken then you CAN'T save all of the crew.

Once the crew is taken you want to go directly to the omega relay and you then will save all of the crew,
---
doa-plus.com - We Press Forward. . . By Pressing Back.