capturing IFF and Collector normandy attack question ? SPOILERS.

#1magiceddie05Posted 1/14/2013 10:49:03 PM
okay i'm trying to refresh my memory here because it's been a while since i played Mass Effect 2. anyways i just did that mission that can't be ignored where illusive man sends you to the empty collector vessel and you get to upgrade a weapon of your choice. i just wanted to make sure this isn't related to the collectors attacking the normany and taking the crew because i'm still doing loyalty missions and i heard that they attack after you get legion.
#2BlitzKing900Posted 1/15/2013 1:32:38 AM
The Reaper IFF mission is the one you should leave until last. Do everything else before that. There are spoilers in the title by the way so hopefully you see this before it (possibly) gets deleted.
---
PSN: Soggy-Snake-
#3magiceddie05(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 12:40:49 PM
i know i posted spoilers in the title too. but i'll fix it.
#4AigonrothPosted 1/15/2013 2:54:43 PM
Nope you are fine you just did the Collector Ship, the Reaper IFF Mission is used as the games soft point of no return.
---
"I love nailing Asari, so ageless and superior. Then you get them and they squeal like schoolgirls"- Gianna Parasini, Mass Effect 2.
#5magiceddie05(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 3:59:47 PM
okay cool man thanks. i couldn't remember because i haven't played this game in a year.
#6RiKuToTheMiGhtYPosted 1/15/2013 5:44:47 PM
Miranda will also ask you "keep building the team or go for the reaper IFF" which is the game asking if you want to finish everything else or just go for the point of no return.
---
doa-plus.com - We Press Forward. . . By Pressing Back.
#7magiceddie05(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 6:36:25 PM
^^^okay that i remember happening. cool thanks for the help guys. i didn't want to eff up like i did my first playthrough and have to restart from a middle save point.
#8jakeDiLLaPosted 1/20/2013 6:47:27 PM
I just did this mission and it pissed me off because I'm not strong enough to even beat the first wave of enemies so I had to go all the way back to before I recruited the Assassin (because recruiting people from dossier seems to trigger it) and now I will have to do that mission again some time.

So is that the only thing that triggers it?
#9AigonrothPosted 1/21/2013 7:29:01 PM
jakeDiLLa posted...
I just did this mission and it pissed me off because I'm not strong enough to even beat the first wave of enemies so I had to go all the way back to before I recruited the Assassin (because recruiting people from dossier seems to trigger it) and now I will have to do that mission again some time.

So is that the only thing that triggers it?

Which mission are we talking about? The Derelict Collector Ship or The Derelict Reaper.

For the Collector Ship, there are two conditions that trigger that mission.

1) Have you recruited 8 characters (this is the minimum needed for the Suicide Mission, and yes I have tested this on numerous occasions)

2) Have you completed 5 missions, and that is any 5 missions that end in the mission complete screen*. (It can be loyalty missions, N7 missions, other recruitment missions).

If both of those conditions have been met then when you return to the Normandy the Collector Ship mission will trigger.

* If you go to the Citadel and have Garrus' and Thane's Loyalty Missions or to Tuchanka and have Mordin's and Grunt's Loyalty Missions you can stretch the 5 missions into 6 missions.

For the Derelict Reaper, you as the player decide when to go there.
---
"I love nailing Asari, so ageless and superior. Then you get them and they squeal like schoolgirls"- Gianna Parasini, Mass Effect 2.