Question about Tali and Legion.

#1HellHole_Posted 1/21/2013 8:42:02 PM
Can I do Tali and Legions loyalty after the IFF, or will I only be able to do one loyalty before the Collectors?
---
Even one drink of alcohol is enough to make you go out and start raping and killing bears. - Tengu_Spam on the effects of $9 champagne
#2ozzyman314Posted 1/21/2013 8:53:16 PM
If you're waiting for the IFF to be installed, I think it gives you two missions before it's installed. I'm not entirely sure though, that part of the game has always been weird to me.

Regardless, I recommend you do Tali's mission first, since she has the second highest probability of dying if not loyal. Legion even in not loyal, should be fine as long as you have enough of the other squad mates loyal, and you don't choose him for any tasks.
---
Loading Signature..........
#3LordTrinenPosted 1/21/2013 9:03:52 PM
After you get the IFF and activate Legion you'll have time to do one mission before the game automatically progresses. I've heard rumors that you can get an extra mission if you do it before you activate Legion. If true you can pick up the IFF, do Tali's loyalty mission, activate Legion, do Legion's loyalty mission and then progress with the game.

Personally I wouldn't take that chance. Complete everything you want to complete before getting the IFF. Always treat this mission as the point-of-no-return if you plan to get everyone out alive.
#4belisar6Posted 1/21/2013 9:31:49 PM
I believe as long as you have at least one loyalty/recruitment mission left before doing the Reaper IFF, then you're able to do two missions before the crew gets taken. If you've done all the recruitment/loyalty missions, then you can only do Legion's loyalty mission (or a sidequest mission, I assume).

I've done it once, and I was able to take Legion on Tali's loyalty mission, and then take Tali on his. I'd recommend taking Legion on Tali's loyalty mission at least once.
---
We were going full speed ahead... but facing backwards the whole time.
#5AigonrothPosted 1/21/2013 9:46:17 PM
You can do 2 Loyalty Missions or a Recruitment and a Loyalty Mission while waiting for the IFF (you might be able to get away with an N7 mission but I wouldn't risk as other people have reported bad experiences with such).

So yes you could bring Legion to Tali's Loyalty Mission and then do Legion's Loyalty mission and still be just fine.
---
"I love nailing Asari, so ageless and superior. Then you get them and they squeal like schoolgirls"- Gianna Parasini, Mass Effect 2.
#6HiyadaPosted 1/21/2013 11:45:53 PM
If you only want to do one loyalty and keeping both saved at the end, I would only doTali's and not have Legion assigned to a task.
#7HellHole_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 12:53:51 PM
I was able to do both!
---
Even one drink of alcohol is enough to make you go out and start raping and killing bears. - Tengu_Spam on the effects of $9 champagne
#8LordBowserPosted 1/22/2013 4:53:30 PM
You get one mission to do after the IFF before the Normandy is attacked.

This means you can do every loyalty mission before the IFF, then do Legion's loyalty mission after the IFF, and still be able to save the entire crew.

Alternatively, you can just let some of the crew die and do it at your own pace. It is kind of fun to see Legion on Tali's loyalty (and recruitment) mission.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#9LordBowserPosted 1/22/2013 4:55:51 PM
belisar6 posted...
I believe as long as you have at least one loyalty/recruitment mission left before doing the Reaper IFF, then you're able to do two missions before the crew gets taken. If you've done all the recruitment/loyalty missions, then you can only do Legion's loyalty mission (or a sidequest mission, I assume).

I've done it once, and I was able to take Legion on Tali's loyalty mission, and then take Tali on his. I'd recommend taking Legion on Tali's loyalty mission at least once.

I can't confirm this. I recall doing Tali's loyalty mission with Legion tagging along, then the Normandy was attacked immediately afterwards. I was not able to do Legion's loyalty mission and save the crew.

The only way to have an entirely loyal squad AND save your crew is by doing all loyalty (and recruitment missions, of course) before the IFF, and doing Legion's loyalty mission *immediately* afterwards. There is no way around this.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#10AigonrothPosted 1/22/2013 5:37:51 PM
@LordBowser

Your statements are incorrect, the only reason you would have one mission left after IFF is if you have done all other Loyalty Missions, and that would mean Legion's is the only one left.

If you leave another character's loyalty mission undone you will be able to complete that loyalty mission, unlock Legion's Loyalty Mission and complete it, then the installation of the Reaper IFF would be complete.

This has been confirmed by other people besides me as well.
---
"I love nailing Asari, so ageless and superior. Then you get them and they squeal like schoolgirls"- Gianna Parasini, Mass Effect 2.