The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

My GOD this game is amazing.

#1Highly EvolvedPosted 2/3/2013 11:20:25 PM
I'm about 8 hours in taking my sweet time, but holy **** the combat scenes are SO enjoyable.

It feels much more action oriented and polished than ME1 which is an amazing game in its own right., I just feel they worked out the exact kinks they needed to.

Very pleasantly surprised with the sequel so far.
---
It is the beginning of my end. I've raised you well, GameFAQs. Now go, make me proud. *sniff* - CjayC 7/19/2007
#2LordTrinenPosted 2/4/2013 7:08:59 AM
You and almost everyone else who played ME2 the first time. The only real complaint people had about the combat system is that they missed the infinite ammo/weapon cooling feature from ME1. But you get used to it.
#3Highly Evolved(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:31:11 AM
Yeah, the limited ammo is a bit awkward at first but there's usually enough lying around for it not to be an issue.

It just makes you think more before you shoot which is better IMO.
---
It is the beginning of my end. I've raised you well, GameFAQs. Now go, make me proud. *sniff* - CjayC 7/19/2007
#4WarHead2011Posted 2/4/2013 12:23:40 PM
ME2 is awesome I have yet to play ME3
---
XBL Gamer Tag: Fliggaman
^ -add me!!!
#5jakeDiLLaPosted 2/4/2013 6:17:44 PM
Pretty much how I felt when I started the game, TC. I took my time with the game too (probably played it over the course of about a month, did every quest and DLC) and towards the end I got a bit tired of the combat to be honest. Gets a bit repetative but the dialogue and encounters are always awesome.

on to ME3 next, but gonna take a break from this series after playing ME1 and ME2 back to back.
#6roo10158Posted 2/5/2013 10:01:29 PM
Not to mention this game is twice as long as ME1. This game is probably my all time favorite videogame.
---
My systems: Genesis/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, GG, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS1, PS2, PS3, GBC, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, PS VITA
#7dragunreaverPosted 2/5/2013 10:49:26 PM
Yeah, this game is in my top 5, possibly top 3 favorite games of all time.
---
I bleed Purple and Gold.
http://imageflea.com/pics/1009/6p8ruwmv.gif
#8StonedwolfedPosted 2/14/2013 7:04:12 AM
The combat is great and it's a long game.

But, they should have kept the proper loot system from ME1 with some tools to manage the inventory

Moving to ammo is annoying and weird.

And I missed the Mako (I know I'm a lone voice here).

Most importantly though - nothing you do in ME2 really matters for the story. The entire thing is a side-mission from the big fight. ME1 ends with "the Reapers are on the way" and (spoilers) ME2 ends exactly the same way.

Legion and Grunt alone were worth the price of admission, though.
---
GT viberunner - MW2 Legend - now with added microphone technology
#9pprincessPosted 2/14/2013 9:31:47 AM
Hm, I like the ammo clip system, on Insanity it really added another gameplay element. You have to know where the clips are on the map, and manage how much ammo you use. In ME 3 they kept the ammo but it's dumped all over the map, sort of lost its strategy.

I miss the mako, but I feel having done the planet explorations in ME 1, I don't need to repeat that.

ME 2 seemed very much about the story. We find out what the reaper harvest really is, and what is done with the harvested species. Both ME 1 and ME 2 are about Shepard stopping the harvest on human colonies. The harvest takes centuries, apparently.
#10XecroPosted 2/15/2013 4:04:56 PM
I love ME3 but I find myself coming back to this one more. Easily one of my all-time favorites.
---
Expecting something creative here?