Finally got around to playing the DLC.. and Arrival.(Spoilers)

#1CL60Posted 3/23/2013 7:54:35 PM
Why didn't we just wait the extra minute for the reapers to come through, then hit the Mass Relay? Sovereign couldn't survive a fleet, I doubt the rest of the reapers coming through the relay would survive a supernova.
#2MattheauPosted 3/24/2013 4:09:44 AM
Because Reaper ships have guns, you have to go through the relay, the Reapers know you are there, the Reapers know the plan, and it isn't exactly a hard plan to derail. So instead of causing the plan to fail entirely and getting killed, they did it as soon as possible.
#3CL60(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 6:22:26 AM
Mattheau posted...
Because Reaper ships have guns, you have to go through the relay, the Reapers know you are there, the Reapers know the plan, and it isn't exactly a hard plan to derail. So instead of causing the plan to fail entirely and getting killed, they did it as soon as possible.

I doubt the reapers would have time to do anything about it if they came through the relay with a couple of seconds until impact.
#4woodymPosted 3/24/2013 7:52:33 AM
CL60 posted...
Mattheau posted...

I doubt the reapers would have time to do anything about it if they came through the relay with a couple of seconds until impact.

Would you risk the entire galaxy from an immediate attack because you DOUBT the reapers, an enemy who at that point you have no full knowledge of their capabilities or numbers but know that they have committed genocide countless times, would not be able to react against asteroid that is about to impact the mass relay. Seems like a foolproof plan to me then.

Shepard wouldn't risk it seeing as he escapes through the mass relay, meaning he would have to hope that his plan worked or stay in the star system and sacrifice himself so that it may work, but instead takes the option to destroy the relay as soon as so as not to fail.
---
Aye Aye.