Should I do every assignment and mission I can before Horizon?

#1VayneSoloPosted 4/2/2013 8:53:38 AM
Because i want to do everything I can before my team gets abducted and no one knows exactly how that missions gets activated (how many recruitment missions, Loyalty missions or assignments are necessary). Thing is, I wanted to save some missions because of unique dialogue (ex. Patriarch after doing Grunt's Loyalty and the Citadel assignment with the quarian for when I get Tali). Any ideas? Thanks.
#2BushidoEffect3Posted 4/2/2013 11:15:44 AM
You can do Horizon. The abduction only happens after the Reaper IFF mission. Derelict Reaper if I recall. So no worries.
---
http://i.imgur.com/lvXqzpi.jpg
#3GlavewurmPosted 4/2/2013 12:48:58 PM
and no one knows exactly how that missions gets activated

Main quest is:
1. Linear until you get the Normandy
2. Horizon opens up after you recruit Mordin, Garrus, Jack and get Grunt's pod.
3. Collector Ship opens up 5 missions after Horizon, so long as you have at least 8 active party members.
4. Reaper IFF is available immediately following the Collector Ship, and completing it starts a countdown. In (2 missions, or when all party members are loyal) Joker's mission will happen.
5. Joker's mission is the deadline for saving your crew. Do zero missions after his mission to save the entire crew. 1-3 missions between Joker and the Suicide Mission and half of the crew dies. 4+ missions after Joker's mission and everyone but Chakwas dies.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ilv68.gif
#4VayneSolo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 3:01:04 AM
Ok. I'll go ahead doing missions without rushing, then. Thanks
#5GlavewurmPosted 4/4/2013 5:50:00 AM
2. Horizon opens up after you recruit Mordin, Garrus, Jack and get Grunt's pod.
3. Collector Ship opens up 5 missions after Horizon, so long as you have at least 8 active party members.

Wording on this is misleading. "opens up" should be "is forced"

In (2 missions, or when all party members are loyal) Joker's mission will happen.
To correct this a bit, this is only taking into account loyalty missions. If everyone is loyal before the IFF, you only get 1 mission (or none depending on a choice after the IFF). So, while "2 missions or all loyal" is usually right, it won't always be if you want one of those missions to be an N7 or DLC.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ilv68.gif
#6VasDeferensPosted 4/6/2013 5:54:46 PM
Does # 5 have an effect in ME 3 (amount of crew surviving) ?
#7LordTrinenPosted 4/6/2013 6:08:21 PM
VasDeferens posted...
Does # 5 have an effect in ME 3 (amount of crew surviving) ?

If you head to the Collector Base right away you'll see one of the Horizon colonists get liquefied. If you do 1-3 missions first it will be Kelly you see die.

If Kelly survives and you went on a date with her she will appear in ME3. She'll give you your fish back and depending on what advice you give her when you find her she may help you gain additional war assets later. Near the end of ME3 you can officially enter a romance with her if you haven't romanced anyone else.

I'm not sure about Ken and Gabby though. You can get these two back onto the Normandy in ME3 but I don't know if they die along with Kelly or if they only die if you do 4+ missions and lose everyone. Base on what I've read I think Gabby dies with Kelly and Ken dies later. They provide some funny banter in ME3 and can provide an additional war asset.