Getting ready to play again... A few DLC questions

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Getting ready to play again... A few DLC questions
2 years ago#11
jakeDiLLa posted...
God dammit I just did Horizon and now Hackett made me sit through his briefing when I tried to access my Private Terminal. "Send me the coordinates, I'll head there right away"

Still gonna do it after suicide mission though

I find that really annoying too. Nowadays I have a special flash drive that I keep saves and DLC that I'm not using to make space on my hard drive. I keep Arrival on there and plug it in when I'm ready to play it. That way I can get the message and play the mission in one go.
2 years ago#12
Gotta love the PC version. I just comment out the folder until I'm ready for it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2CuCR5p.gif
2 years ago#13
LordTrinen posted...
Nowadays I have a special flash drive that I keep saves and DLC that I'm not using to make space on my hard drive. I keep Arrival on there and plug it in when I'm ready to play it. That way I can get the message and play the mission in one go.

I'm thinking of doing a replay of the whole trilogy soon, and that's a good idea. It always annoyed me when I'd do a new play through and Hackett would give me the mission for Arrival and make such a big deal about how important it was, and then I'd just straight up ignore it until after the suicide mission. Now I can just delete Arrival, and redownload it after the suicide mission and actually get the mission for Arrival then.

Don't know why I didn't think of this before as I've done the same thing in the past when I wanted to replay Fallout 3 without some of the DLC.
---
Putress was right. Death to the living!
2 years ago#14
Squid0039 posted...
LordTrinen posted...
Nowadays I have a special flash drive that I keep saves and DLC that I'm not using to make space on my hard drive. I keep Arrival on there and plug it in when I'm ready to play it. That way I can get the message and play the mission in one go.

I'm thinking of doing a replay of the whole trilogy soon, and that's a good idea. It always annoyed me when I'd do a new play through and Hackett would give me the mission for Arrival and make such a big deal about how important it was, and then I'd just straight up ignore it until after the suicide mission. Now I can just delete Arrival, and redownload it after the suicide mission and actually get the mission for Arrival then.

Don't know why I didn't think of this before as I've done the same thing in the past when I wanted to replay Fallout 3 without some of the DLC.

Just make sure to delete the DLC from your hard drive or transfer it to a flash drive before you start the new game. Otherwise the game will detect the DLC and won't let you load it until the DLC is back.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Getting ready to play again... A few DLC questions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived