Getting ready to play again... A few DLC questions

#11LordTrinenPosted 4/23/2013 6:49:51 AM
jakeDiLLa posted...
God dammit I just did Horizon and now Hackett made me sit through his briefing when I tried to access my Private Terminal. "Send me the coordinates, I'll head there right away"

Still gonna do it after suicide mission though

I find that really annoying too. Nowadays I have a special flash drive that I keep saves and DLC that I'm not using to make space on my hard drive. I keep Arrival on there and plug it in when I'm ready to play it. That way I can get the message and play the mission in one go.
#12GlavewurmPosted 4/23/2013 12:30:05 PM
Gotta love the PC version. I just comment out the folder until I'm ready for it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2CuCR5p.gif
#13Squid0039Posted 5/2/2013 10:43:55 AM
LordTrinen posted...
Nowadays I have a special flash drive that I keep saves and DLC that I'm not using to make space on my hard drive. I keep Arrival on there and plug it in when I'm ready to play it. That way I can get the message and play the mission in one go.

I'm thinking of doing a replay of the whole trilogy soon, and that's a good idea. It always annoyed me when I'd do a new play through and Hackett would give me the mission for Arrival and make such a big deal about how important it was, and then I'd just straight up ignore it until after the suicide mission. Now I can just delete Arrival, and redownload it after the suicide mission and actually get the mission for Arrival then.

Don't know why I didn't think of this before as I've done the same thing in the past when I wanted to replay Fallout 3 without some of the DLC.
---
Putress was right. Death to the living!
#14LordTrinenPosted 5/2/2013 4:36:24 PM
Squid0039 posted...
LordTrinen posted...
Nowadays I have a special flash drive that I keep saves and DLC that I'm not using to make space on my hard drive. I keep Arrival on there and plug it in when I'm ready to play it. That way I can get the message and play the mission in one go.

I'm thinking of doing a replay of the whole trilogy soon, and that's a good idea. It always annoyed me when I'd do a new play through and Hackett would give me the mission for Arrival and make such a big deal about how important it was, and then I'd just straight up ignore it until after the suicide mission. Now I can just delete Arrival, and redownload it after the suicide mission and actually get the mission for Arrival then.

Don't know why I didn't think of this before as I've done the same thing in the past when I wanted to replay Fallout 3 without some of the DLC.

Just make sure to delete the DLC from your hard drive or transfer it to a flash drive before you start the new game. Otherwise the game will detect the DLC and won't let you load it until the DLC is back.