visiting planets count as "missions"? spoilers

#1Red04Posted 4/27/2013 4:24:36 PM
Just got back after the crew abduction and I'm about to enter the omega 4 relay, but before I do that I'd like to buy some upgrades at omega station and then proceed to the final relay. Does this count as a mission that will decrease my chances of survival? The ship is fully upgraded and all loyalty missions are finished except Legion's since I sold it.
Help please!
---
"Which witch switched the Swatch watch?"
#2LordTrinenPosted 4/27/2013 5:17:26 PM
I've wondered about this as well but I've been too cautious to test it. I would say yes it does count but I'm not 100% certain.
#3Red04(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 5:42:01 PM
Some people claim that no one died when visiting planets (after the abduction) while others lost squad members (in one case all but Chakwas died). I need to get to omega and purchase the last important upgrades. I'll take my chances as long as Shepard and Garrus survives. Really hope that Grunt and Jack survives as well. The least person I care about is the chatterbox Mordin. Go cannon fodder!
---
#4LordTrinenPosted 4/27/2013 8:41:11 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/944907-mass-effect-2/65884209

Follow this guide to get everyone out alive.
#5Red04(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 3:54:57 AM
Great! thanks I appreciate it. I'll still take my chances and visit omega station since I need some important upgrades such as weapon damage upgrades, heavy skin weave and heavy weapon ammo capacity.

According to some, only missions or assignments with a debrief screen will lead to deaths. The reason for my topic though is that every visit to a hub world initiates a "restart mission" in the load game section.
---
#6smeech8000Posted 4/29/2013 5:49:28 AM(edited)
Red04 posted...
Does this count as a mission that will decrease my chances of survival?

Simply visiting hub worlds will not negatively impact your crew's survival, nor will completing small sidequests, e.g. Blue Rose of Illium, Conrad Verner, hacking the modules for Liara, or negotiating the Quarian slave contract on Illium, etc..

You are correct in that only missions that result in an Illusive Man 'Mission Complete' screen count in regards to endangering the crew.

The ship is fully upgraded and all loyalty missions are finished except Legion's since I sold it.

If you're planning on ME3'ing I highly recommend redoing the IFF, keeping Legion, and completing his LM in order to bring him into ME3. He plays a significant part of one of the plot arcs in the final game.
---
I don't feel tardy.
#7Red04(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 6:51:13 AM
Whew, I'm relieved to know that.
The primary reason why I sold Legion was the fact that I'm pursuing a hardcore renegade walkthrough (I.e always choosing dialogue accordingly, no LT paragon acts during conversations), and in all haste I didn't really focus on this particular sentence and what it meant. However, I prefer to stand by my choices and not backtrack, It's obviously more personal. In this case I just couldn't accept the amount of paragon points gained when keeping Legion. I'll take the consequences ahead whatever they are.
---
#8jakeDiLLaPosted 4/29/2013 8:56:25 PM
I did an "Assignment" (not a Mission, to be clear) and half my crew died. However I've read that traveling to planets to buy stuff for example is totally fine.