Be honest...

#1Cthe34TruthPosted 5/4/2013 6:44:52 AM
How many of you sent Jacob in the vents?

*raises hand*
---
"So being 10 is not a deterrent from a romance aspect." -pillerofautumn
@_@
#2LordTrinenPosted 5/4/2013 10:23:23 AM
I've always been fairly indifferent when it comes to Jacob. He's a little bland but a nice enough guy. Kind of reminds me of Kaiden in that regard, whom I usually leave on Virmire.

My opinion of Jacob drops slightly in ME3 where we find out he is the only romantic interest who doesn't stay faithful. Good thing I never romanced him with any of my FemSheps.

Regardless I always try to keep everyone alive, including Jacob. He may be bland and he may be a cheater but he's also a soldier and we need every one we can get in the war against the Reapers.
#3Offworlder1Posted 5/4/2013 3:44:21 PM
Why would I send him into the vents ?, he's a good bro and has done nothing to warrant death from my Shepard. If anything I would have sent Miranda into the vents had she not changed, I usually see hate for Ashley but she is not nearly as bad as Miranda at the beginning of ME 2.

Miranda is also the only LI I really don't care for until you start changing her BS attitude as she needs to stop being a **** all the time with other people, her change saves her from death. Even Jack is a better character to start as her personality is no surprise given her history and what happened to her but Miranda has little reason for her "I'm better then everyone else" crap.

I do agree it is some BS that Jacob cheats on femshep even if you romanced him though, Bioware should have kept him faithful should you have had him as your LI and had the other outcome if he was not your LI.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#4grand_commanderPosted 5/5/2013 8:12:27 AM
Cheating on a Spectre: heavy risk.

But the priiiiiiiiiize...

Alright, seriously. I never understood all of the dislike for Jacob. He's maybe a bit bland (his personality seems to be "good guy" and his backstory "like Shepard but not as epic"), and they stuck him with a shotgun when an assault rifle would have made him way more useful, but Pull is a good power.
#5urielzetPosted 5/5/2013 8:16:39 PM
I don't understand all the hate for Jacob either.

My first playthrough, I sent him back with Chakwas and the crew. Thankfully, no one died while holding the line, even though I didn't have DLC back then.

I do see a similarity between him and Kaidan, both level-headed and somewhat reserved characters, but I personally found him slightly more interesting than Kaidan. I did find it slightly annoying, though, how he didn't trust Thane, as well as his suggestion of spacing Legion. Otherwise, I haven't played Mass Effect 3 yet, so I don't know much about how his character develops, outside of him apparently having a new love interest and cheating on Shepard if she romanced him...

Gameplay-wise, Pull is indeed useful, especially the Field level 4 evolution. What's more annoying is his compulsive use of Barrier.
#6GlavewurmPosted 5/6/2013 5:39:30 AM
I thought TC just meant because he volunteers.

Anyway, I find Jacob the most boring character in the series and probably the worst squadmate. But I've never killed just him. I've killed him, but always in a playthrough were others were getting killed too.

As for the cheating, I'm sorta surprised more of the LIs didn't. Mainly Jack. Shepard's been held without communication for 6 months as of ME3, because they turned themselves in for Arrival/Cerberus. Jack just ends up pissed about it, Jacob moves on. I could see Jack being alright with the waiting part, but not so much the "turning yourself in" part.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2CuCR5p.gif
#7StonedwolfedPosted 5/13/2013 4:30:55 PM
By "cheated on you" do you mean "you split up when you left him"?
---
ME1 = A New Hope | ME2 = Empire Strikes Back | ME3 = Star Wars Christmas Special
#8Moogle_YunaPosted 5/14/2013 5:18:43 AM
I still don't have DLC, keep 'em all alive.

Except Ash in ME1. That's a definite "die b*tch die!" in my book, even if I'm a male!shep.
---
---
Touch not the cat bot a glove.
#9garanPosted 5/16/2013 1:39:33 PM
Only on my awful Shep that was intentionally killing people. The only ME2 squadmate I hated enough to kill on purpose otherwise was Jack.
#10Ernst_JungerPosted 5/25/2013 8:40:48 PM
I liked Jacob. He was bland because he was closed up. He wasn't approachable or knowable. He's the kind of person who would move a building if ordered to.

I always take him on Grunt's loyalty quest. Jacob seems to have a lot of insecurity and manhood issues. In the Shadow Broker DLC, you can see the footage of him doing endless push-ups. He's needs a cause, and I think -- from a role-playing perspective -- that he benefited from a Krogan rite of passage.

Jacob's penchant for death made him annoying. I was always using Med Kits to revive him.

I hated Jack in ME2. Makes sense, no way that everyone would be likable in a crew of rogues and misfits. I didn't care when my n00b biotic Shepard lost her, though I did replay the final mission a few times so everyone would survive.