System Requirements question

#1Dark_Druid666Posted 11/10/2008 1:07:28 PM
Hello there. I'm an avid RA2 fan, and I'd like to purchase RA3. Unfortunately, my pc is quite crappy, including a working memory of only 0.5GB.
The problem is, what is the minimum working memory required for RA3?
On the backside of the box it says the minimum is 1GB, yet on this site it says minimum 0.5GB for windows XP. My guess is 1GB, but I'm desperate enough to ask anyway.

Thanks in advance ^^
---
One man having an imaginary friend is a lunatic.
Many men having one imaginary friend is called a religion.
#2Dark_Druid666(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2008 1:07:49 PM
this site: http://www.redalert-3.com/red-alert-3-system-requirements/
---
#3the_wet_mopPosted 11/10/2008 1:13:23 PM
you may be able to run it w/ half a gig of ram, but thats not really very much information to go on. what are your other specs?
#4Dark_Druid666(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2008 1:23:55 PM
Thanks for helping :)
-Pentium 4 CPU 2.93 GHz
-512 GB RAM
-NVIDIA Geforce 6200 LE (I think it's 128 MB)
Are there other specs you need to know?
I'm going to look into upgrading my working memory, if it's not too expensive and applicable to my pc, I may do that.
---
#5EstharMan3Posted 11/10/2008 1:41:14 PM
I'd imagine those specs would run it, but it wouldn't be too pretty.....
#6EstharMan3Posted 11/10/2008 1:45:15 PM
As a second point, if your computer is expandable as you say then I would definatly recommend upgrading the RAM, the chips are fairly cheap and easy to install, I dont know much about techhy stuff and I still managed it, and my laptop's performance has skyrocketed as a result, both generally and game-wise.
#7Ace_StrifePosted 11/10/2008 3:27:34 PM
I actually thought the system specs from EA's site said 2 GB RAM, but obviously I'm way off.

I actually have a question, too.

I can play C&C3 with max settings, though it runs slowly (minimal settings slows down eventually, but usually runs smooth).

My graphics card is a cheapa$$ built in one (Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family...? Is that even the graphics card!?), so my question is, would RA3 run on that graphics card? I'm not much of a computer whiz... but as I said, C&C3 DOES work. I've beaten the game completely, so it's not like I just tried running it once, and it worked for a few minutes, and then assumed it would work fine.

I'm not going to buy the game until the price drops anyway (I'm a poor college student...), but the question will come up eventually.
#8Squall8989Posted 11/10/2008 3:35:50 PM
RAM is super cheap nowadays. I bought 2 more gigs of it for 15 dollars off of newegg last summer.