Why won't my launcher Patch?

#1Bonin12Posted 5/18/2011 9:08:31 PM
I played this game at launch for a few months, enjoyed it but if was to much solo and not enough team for my liking for an MMO. But I got a few friends ready to play the F2P version but I can't get my launcher to patch.

Any help?
---
We Are The Titans! The Mighty Mighty Titans!
Creator of The Arian Nation : The Official Fan Club of Arian Foster.
#2HappyHappyJoyJoyPosted 5/19/2011 1:14:18 AM
Bonin12 posted...
I played this game at launch for a few months, enjoyed it but if was to much solo and not enough team for my liking for an MMO. But I got a few friends ready to play the F2P version but I can't get my launcher to patch.

Any help?

Does the button to the right of the progress bar say Patch or Play, and what happens when you click it?

Try the options menu on the top right and run a Force Verify.

How out of date is your client? Perhaps you're best off just trying a fresh install.
---
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/Notveryhappy/FoxNewsBrianWilson.jpg
#3Bonin12(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2011 9:45:42 PM
I just re-downloaded it still not working. It just says patch on the side but I can't click it or anything.
---
We Are The Titans! The Mighty Mighty Titans!
Creator of The Arian Nation : The Official Fan Club of Arian Foster.
#4HappyHappyJoyJoyPosted 5/24/2011 2:16:33 PM
Bonin12 posted...
I just re-downloaded it still not working. It just says patch on the side but I can't click it or anything.

Hmm.

After you insert your username/password the launcher should connect to the server and the button on the lower right should then work.

Has me thinking there might be an issue somewhere along the line between your ISP and Cryptic's server farms.

Might want to run a trace.

If you don't know:
1) Hit the start button.
2) Enter "cmd" in the text bar.
3) Enter "tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com" in the window.

Then see if it goes through and you can reach the patch server, and if it does whether there's any obvious speed problems.
---
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/Notveryhappy/FoxNewsBrianWilson.jpg
#5cheeco88Posted 5/29/2011 7:48:42 AM
Trying going into your firewall and unblocking/allowing Champions Online. I know I had some trouble that was alleviated as soon as I did that.
---
www.dbzrpg.net - Only the best DBZ RPG evar. Piccolo sent you.