Skirmish on medium

#1iuli_sanPosted 2/19/2009 8:12:57 AM

Is it me or this game in skirmish modes are just too hard? , I mean in medium difficulty , I barely defeated the AI with one friend , 2 vs 2 medium AI. I finished RS and Soviet campaign on the same difficulty and it was way too easy compared to the skirmish mode. I don't want to know what happend's if I play against a Hard or Brutal AI :)

#2otaku daimaouPosted 2/20/2009 8:22:29 PM
the story missions are easier do to the resource limit and are set to a certain mode the skirmish A.I. has no restrictions.
#3fred taylor2Posted 2/21/2009 10:50:52 PM
I Know exactly what you mean. I've been playing red alert for years but i can't even beat a single medium AI opponent......but i can absolutely dominate an easy one. Guess the learning curve is a 90 degree angle.
---
Triumph-RoA-HERD
#4smashface420Posted 2/25/2009 3:10:38 PM
mediums r not that hard you just have to start fast and concentrate on owning the map not just defending. hards r a challenge and brutals are just outrageous though.
#5golcondePosted 3/14/2009 4:29:49 AM

Actually when I first played it I thought it was insane. Then i learned from Giles how to rush your enemy. I play Russian and try to make as many copters as i can in first 5 minutes then i send them to take out the construction yard. Can win brutala lot easierthat way 0_o!

#6noisyassassinPosted 3/14/2009 9:32:16 AM
You have to decapitate them by taking out the construction yard, naval yard and vehicle yard in quick sucession so they cant build anymore buildings. After that, even brutal enemies crumble.

As allies build 12 vindicators and go straight for the con yard, then the naval/vehicle yard. I got the achievement by rushing kirovs at a japanese opponent since they have the weakest anti air (no aa units and the a.i wont use tengu/stryker units in anti air config.
---
PIV 2.66, 512 PC2700 DDR, ATI RADEON 9100 128MB DDR.
#7streetridazPosted 3/16/2009 4:49:11 AM

its all about build order. Find what works for you. Medium is rediculously easy once you get used to it. Hard is a decent challenge but online is where you going to get your skills.

#8SkillswordsPosted 3/16/2009 12:47:10 PM
You gotta think outside the box

Rushes almost always work, like the PK rush

If you want long battles, try either spamming or using things like navy

If you defend and not attack, your dead no matter what, unless you are preparing a major assault,like 4 airfields of century bombers, which is how i beat my friend in a big match because he was paranoid to the point so he built only Anti-air base defenses which i infiltrated, then attacked in the short 30 minites available with 16 century bombers
#9agodanPosted 3/31/2009 3:58:55 AM

It is very easy. Simple. Rush with evirithing. Here 'r my tips : ( i play on PS3 and make all the Silver Throphies easy )

1., vs 1 medium skirmish opponent :

choose a small 2 player map ( like infinite island ) and recon your Cons. Yard to MCV and quickly go near the enemies base, but don't too close. Expand the MCV, and from noe on its yout choise what to do. You can make a Bear/Flak rush from a 3-4 Barrack's ( you need more then one rack's because units produce much faster ) if you play Soviets, or Wolf/Javelin rush if Allies. But here's another trick :

play with Allies, MCV expand near enemy, make a 3 way of Wall, protect your Comm. Cent. Upgrade I from II and train one Tanya. Sell the walls. Tanya now can go outside and kill evrithing : soldiers = one shot, buildings one detonation, simple, fast, few minutes.

If large ( 3-4 player ) map : play with soviets, then go for small defense ( 3-4 Anti air turrets and 3-4 Tesla Coils ) and make a very fast Twinblade/Mig combo rush, they are unstoppable and your base is very well defended too. A made 2 Airfields for faster unit producing.

With Allies make Centuri bombers and turrets for defense.

Allways take out first the enemies Comm. Center, then War Factory and Naval Yard ( Shipyard ). The enemy is now off.

2., vs 3 medium skirmish opponent's :

i don't know any clues how to beat a 3 Skirmish opponents, i have tried many Strategies but neither worked. Beated 1-2 enemy but the Third enemy was too strong.

Skirmish AI in RA3 is very stupid. Producing everithing on and on and allways make his kamikaze actions. His strong is in very large unit number. Since you have only 2 Mines, your enemy can easily expand.

He made very fast his Ultimate Weapon, with Twinblades i destroyed it.

So there you need a very strong and fast movable attack units for this situation. Twinblades ?

I made a second MCV for faster Building producing but this isn't worked of course.

3., vs a Brutal Skirmish opponent :

I choose Allies mass Javelin producing, or Soviets for mass Flak trooper producing, few defense turrets you need too.

And now i have the "Checkmate" Silver Throphie. I'm very proud for myself xDDDD !!

#10agodanPosted 3/31/2009 4:02:41 AM

agodan posted...

It is very easy. Simple. Rush with evirithing. Here are my tips : ( i play on PS3 and make all the Silver Throphies easy )

1., vs 1 medium skirmish opponent :

choose a small 2 player map ( like infinite island ) and recon your Cons. Yard to MCV and quickly go near the enemies base, but don't too close. Expand the MCV, and from now on its your choise what to do. You can make a Bear/Flak rush from a 3-4 Barrack's ( you need more then one rack's because units produce much faster ) if you play Soviets, or Wolf/Javelin rush if Allies. But here's another trick :

play with Allies, MCV expand near enemy, make a 3 way of Wall, protect your Comm. Cent. Upgrade I from II and train one Tanya. Sell the walls. Tanya now can go outside and kill evrithing : soldiers = one shot, buildings one detonation, simple, fast, few minutes.

If large ( 3-4 player ) map : play with soviets, then go for small defense ( 3-4 Anti air turrets and 3-4 Tesla Coils ) and make a very fast Twinblade/Mig combo rush, they are unstoppable and your base is very well defended too. I made 2 Airfields for faster unit producing.

With Allies make Centuri bombers and turrets for defense.

Allways take out first the enemies Comm. Center, then War Factory and Naval Yard ( Shipyard ). The enemy is now off.

2., vs 3 medium skirmish opponent's :

i don't know any clues how to beat a 3 Skirmish opponents, i have tried many Strategies but neither worked. Beated 1-2 enemy but the Third enemy was too strong.

Skirmish AI in RA3 is very stupid. Producing everithing on and on and allways make his kamikaze actions. His strong is in very large unit number. Since you have only 2 Mines, your enemy can easily expand.

He made very fast his Ultimate Weapon, with Twinblades i destroyed it.

So there you need a very strong and fast movable attack units for this situation. Twinblades ?

I made a second MCV for faster Building producing but this isn't worked of course.

3., vs a Brutal Skirmish opponent :

I choose Allies mass Javelin producing, or Soviets for mass Flak trooper producing, few defense turrets you need too.

And now i have the "Checkmate" Silver Throphie. I'm very proud for myself xDDDD !!

Best Skirmish AI CPU's are IMO : Kenji, Zhana, Moskvin, Warren. :-P ^^