UK release this week?

#1garethrossPosted 2/17/2010 2:11:40 AM

Has anyone seen it in stock yet?

#2joff81Posted 2/17/2010 8:59:21 AM

ive got it on pre order with Shopto. i expected it to be sent today but as of now there is nothing. i did get an email yesterday to say the price had dropped for 26.95 to 24.85 so that is one bit of good news.

#3garethross(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2010 10:34:40 AM

Availability: Pre-order

still shows this on there site maybe worth using there live chat when you sign on if its not posted today, probably be one of those hard to get games that will be in some Game stores on Friday play.com still doesnt show DW Strikeforce being in stock yet shopto has them since yesturday, thanks for letting me know though will just go grab in store Friday.

#4joff81Posted 2/18/2010 9:05:06 AM

just had a check on shopto and the release date has been pushed back another week (release date now 26th feb). to be honest i was only getting it due to the fact there was no decent racing games coming out and thought it was worth a punt. as Sega AllStars Racing is out next week this gets the boot off my list due to the fact its been out in the US for ages and the developer cant even stick to a release date un EU on a game that has been outfor months anyay, Scrw them as the obviously dont want themoney.

#5Pyro60000Posted 2/18/2010 9:19:40 AM
If a week makes that much difference to you, then you probably didn't want the game anyways.

I'll be the first to tell you this this game isn't for everyone. If you're not into oval racing (There's only two road courses, Riverside and Honey Creek) or vintage Indy cars, then it's a waste of money for you. Without an appreciation for that kind of auto racing, you'd end up doing nothing but picking at flaws, and not bothering to see how the AI is almost human with their reactions, how the steering setup with the controller is nothing short of brilliant, the historical progression is very well done, and etc.
#6joff81Posted 2/18/2010 10:31:44 AM

Pyro60000 posted...
If a week makes that much difference to you, then you probably didn't want the game anyways.

I'll be the first to tell you this this game isn't for everyone. If you're not into oval racing (There's only two road courses, Riverside and Honey Creek) or vintage Indy cars, then it's a waste of money for you. Without an appreciation for that kind of auto racing, you'd end up doing nothing but picking at flaws, and not bothering to see how the AI is almost human with their reactions, how the steering setup with the controller is nothing short of brilliant, the historical progression is very well done, and etc.

its not the fact of a week its the fact that its missed4 or 5 release dates here in the UK already and also the fact that i have other pre orders that i feel i will enjoy a little more than this one. like i mentioned Sega all stars racing is out next week along with V8 superstars the next challenge. once i get finished with them we are into Moto GP 2010 and Blur then after that Split second.

this game was mento t be a stop gap due to lack of racing games coming out after this week we are into the part of the year were there is a few racing games coming as such this game never fulfilled the purpose i intended it to do.

another point is that its one of those games thats likely to be in the bargain bin come summer and probably be priced at 10 or less so it gives me something to search for when i hit a gaming rut in the summer.

its a shame the devs have messed about with the release date so much here in UK and its pretty un called for as the game is out in the US so there is nothing wrong other than devs or publishers being asses.

#7garethross(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2010 1:21:22 AM

Still shows as Today except shopto will ask some ebay sellers and game in about 30 minutes time

#8Worm209Posted 2/19/2010 4:39:48 AM

Is this game a sim? it looks pretty decent

#9joff81Posted 2/19/2010 8:17:19 AM

had a look in town today and no retailer has stock and 3 of the 4 retailers i went to had never heard of the game. there was only Gamestation who said that the game has been pudhed back to an unknown release date who knew anything about it.

i personally think this game wont get a UK release as it was such a poor selling game in the US.

#10garethross(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2010 8:01:25 AM

Try ebay I found a seller who has the game! there in Ireland :)

More topics from this board...
anyone?Horngreen_basic110/21 8:52AM