Hulk can beat superman because...

#1ichilinkPosted 5/11/2008 12:20:33 AM
i give superman all the credit in the world. But I don't feel he can beat the Hulk. I know die hard Superman fanboys are going to tear this apart, but please hear me out.

Hulk is the very strongest there is. Superman is absolutley capable of damaging him, But his healing factor would make all the difference in the world. Superman would be taking harder punches from Hulk and wouldn't recover. With the exception of super speed, all of superman's other abilites would be useless. Some may argue heat vision but last year in 2007 Hulk fought a lava creature in "the maw", swam through lava erupting from sakaar's core, and took a point blank supernova from Human torch. Yes super speed would allow Superman to dodge some of Hulks abuse, and if it was a running away contest he'd win. But he'd have to fight in close quarters to do any real damage. Sentry's super speed wasn't enough, I doubt superman's would be. Night crawler can even teleport... lot of good it did him.
#2s1thpunkPosted 5/11/2008 9:15:57 AM
You probably dont know this but superman has a healing factor too, his wounds heal almost instantly when he is damaged because of the yellow sun. The reason this isnt seen that often is cause most of the of time nothing is powerful enough to damage him in the first place much less cause him to have to heal. Add that to the *fact* superman is stronger and faster than hulk, and superman wins. oh and by the way this fight already happened, and superman won.
---
My Gamertag is a secret. If I love you, and you love me. I'll give it to you............Hard!
#3jumpoff123Posted 5/11/2008 9:30:49 AM
Hulk is my favorite superhero of all time. However, lame ass writers made it so Superman can do EVERYTHING. Its just not believable for anyone to beat him fair 1v1 besides doomsday.

THE HULK JUST CANNOT BEAT BAD WRITING...which is the father of the lame ass modern day superman.
#4ZeonixUnlimitedPosted 5/11/2008 10:31:00 AM
Sentry is Marvel's Superman, except stronger (albeit crazier). Hulk beat Sentry. Hulk can beat Superman.
#5jumpoff123Posted 5/11/2008 11:20:56 AM
except for the fact that there are stronger beings in the marvel universe than sentry. Superman is the strongest in dc.

Almost ALL of the cosmic beings in marvel are stronger than sentry.

I hate both superman and the sentry, and as I said previously hulk would never beat superman because no writer would allow it, or be allowed to. Hulk SHOULD be able to, but if they do another lame crossover dc will simply not allow hulk to win.
#6ichilink(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2008 11:36:31 AM
Silver Surfer wasn't even a match for the Hulk. and don't blame it on the weakening portal or the obedience disc, they both went through the exact same misfortunes and Hulk annihilated him.
#7ichilink(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2008 11:57:02 AM
also, I was curious who wrote the Superman vs hulk so when I looked it up. I found the reason they had a crossover was because it was voted by fans, as was superman's victory. So superman winning has nothing to do with him being more powerful. It has to do with him being more pupular. It could have been Lois Lane lol.
#8ZeonixUnlimitedPosted 5/11/2008 12:05:49 PM

jumpoff123 posted...
except for the fact that there are stronger beings in the marvel universe than sentry. Superman is the strongest in dc.

Almost ALL of the cosmic beings in marvel are stronger than sentry.

I hate both superman and the sentry, and as I said previously hulk would never beat superman because no writer would allow it, or be allowed to. Hulk SHOULD be able to, but if they do another lame crossover dc will simply not allow hulk to win.

Which goes to show you just how strong the characters are in Marvel. The fact that a Superman clone gets his ass handed to him, by a being who isnt even at the top of the food chain lets you know that it would be impossible for Superman to win. Yeah, yeah, writers wouldn't allow it, but we're not basing our knowledge of the characters on cross overs, but by their actual abilities.

#9jumpoff123Posted 5/11/2008 7:37:13 PM
well if we were basing it off of abilities alone then hulk should never lose to anyone for the simple fact that he cannot die.

And to the dude commenting on silver surfer vs hulk, silver surfer had no access to his power cosmic, thats like hulk not having access to the top half of his body.

and btw im not defending any other character, im a hulk fan. But there is no need to be biased.
#10spideytucsonPosted 5/11/2008 9:06:20 PM
dude superman would just grab him fly his little green self in the atmosphere the g force alone would be enough for hulk to pass out, and even if that werent to happen hulk still has to breathe in order to live, and the last time i checked there is still no air in space.