new to this game

#1cr00mPosted 1/3/2011 12:09:56 PM
so this board seems dead, but i'll try anyway. I recently got this game, but i'm getting really annoyed and i dont know if i suck or if the game sucks. I'm leaning towards the game.

i never know where i'm supposed to go, i always fall to the ground and have to climb up from the beginning and controll the grimp is a pain in the ass.

starting to get real pissed off at this game, the demo was fun, but had i known it was going to be such a chore i never would have bought this game

does anyone have some tips?
#2beege_manPosted 1/5/2011 7:37:46 AM
It takes some practice, but controlling the Grimp shouldn't be too difficult after awhile and as long as you make safe jumps you shouldn't fall all the way down too often. As for knowing which way to go, I'd suggest first just trying to fill as many seeds as possible. If you pop some pollen prowlers you can see where the pollen goes if there are seeds nearby. Popping 5 pollen prowlers at once and collecting the free crystals once in awhile is important for keeping your time up, not to mention it nets a lot more pollen. If you're totally lost and having trouble finding a Spectra, spin in a circle and carefully watch your thread. It will pulse when you are pointing in the direction of the nearest Spectra. Also if you search through the topics on the board here, I believe someone made up maps for all of the main levels of the game.
#3cr00m(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2011 3:23:58 PM
i actually started with Encore, since i read that it was supposed to be easier and once you finish all of them you can use the silk like spiderman.

Don't think there are any maps for those.

Anyway as i said my biggest problem is finding out where to go. I know that you can see the direction of where you are supposed to go by spinning with the silk. It tells you where you need to go, but now how to get there.

So its blinking in the middle to the left, but i dont see any plants or any rock in the area where i can hang on, so i just jump right out hoping to grab something, vut i end up falling to the ground. This thing happens alot, because you are never sure where to go.

Or maybe its just me playing wrong.
#4beege_manPosted 1/20/2011 10:59:03 AM
Yeah, it can be tough to know where to go sometimes, but I wouldn't blindly jump out to the middle of nowhere. As you said you almost always just fall to the ground and have to start over. Try to get some pollen and see if the pollen goes towards a seed, then you know you can go in that direction. If there are no seeds, chances are you can't go that way. Just keep climbing up in a different direction. Once you get far above a Spectra, then sometimes it makes sense to try to drop straight down onto it, but usually there are plants somewhere that lead you directly to it. Follow the pollen to the seeds and the seeds will lead you where you need to go. Once you get all of the seeds filled in a level you should be able to get to everything.
---
229/230 8/5/3/5/3/3/1/0 H9 P3
HDCEA: 40/18/4/69/17 Int/MDef: 40/60
#5beege_manPosted 1/20/2011 11:02:12 AM
Oh and you're right there are no maps for Encore that I know of, but most of the things that made Encore easier still apply to the original levels if you have Encore installed (basically you can continue if you die and your time runs out slower or something). True you need to beat the Encore levels to get the spider-man ability, but that will take quite a bit of work. If you're new to the game I would start out in the easier normal levels to get the hang of it. The first few gardens are really easy and the plants lead you directly to the Spectra.
---
#6cr00m(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2011 10:01:35 AM
thanks for the tip.

what would be more difficult if i didnt have encore?
#7beege_manPosted 1/21/2011 1:29:45 PM
Before Encore if you ran out of time you were kicked out of the level and had to start over from scratch. Now you can "continue" with only a penalty to your points. There might have been a few other minor changes as well since so many people complained about how difficult and unforgiving the game was before Encore.
---
#8cr00m(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2011 2:33:33 AM
i'm happy i bought encore then