Command Towers

#1builder111Posted 9/27/2009 5:49:01 PM
So after my last run through of Crossed Signals which I thought was pretty sweet, and after looking at the leaderboards, it dawned on me that I haven't been using any command towers. Can anyone give me an example of how many extra resources can be gained throwing one of these in a killing zone, and whether you like to upgrade them fully, once, or not at all.
---
Awesome game --> Defense Grid: The Awakening [] I have nothing to do with this wall...
-0ld Sch00l like @pple IIc
#2GhettoVCRPosted 9/28/2009 6:54:02 AM
lvl 1 Command towers provides 25% more resources when an alien dies withing is range
lvl 2 provides 35%
lvl 3 provides 45%

So if an alien normally worth 100 resources dies within range of a tower you will receive 125 resources for a lvl 1, 135 for a lvl 2 and 145 for a lvl 3. Overlapping command towers do not stack in terms of increasing resources, but they can serve to increase the area covered.

---
instead of cigarette smoking i took up taco bell, a slow delicious death.
#3TheSwedishChefPosted 10/11/2009 9:11:20 PM
Now, do Command Towers only affect the area that the enemy was killed in, or does it affect the area that the enemy was killed FROM?

For example, if you set up a cluster of Meteor towers, and they're taking out enemies halfway across the map, does a Command Tower near the Meteor Towers still accumulate that bonus? (even if the enemies died outside of the Command Tower's range)
#4GhettoVCRPosted 10/12/2009 10:24:58 AM
enemies have to be within range of the command towers influence when killed to count for the resource bonus

---
instead of cigarette smoking i took up taco bell, a slow delicious death.