Republica Luna Nova [RLN] - Hiring new Agents!

#1obliviondollPosted 2/28/2012 10:34:55 AM
NOTE: immediately below is an "in character" description/introduction to the Syndicate. Below this is an application form, also written in "in character" style. Below the application form is an informal message explaining things in more ordinary terms.

-----

Application and testing protocols for Republica Luna Nova... initialising.

Prospective Agent, welcome to Republica Luna Nova.

-----
DART-6 Interface OS: PS3
Base of Operations: Supercity Downzone, New Zealand.
CEO: obliviondoll
Senior Board Member: UrieHuskie
MORE POSITIONS AVAILABLE.
-----

Written Application Requested.
Parameters to follow...

1. Interface Designation/Communication upgrades: Firstly, all applicants must provide their DART-6 Interface Designation (Must be compatible with DART-6 Interface model PS3, and its primary OS. Valid Designations may also be known as "PSN ID" or "SEN ID"). At present, RLN has one (1) Agent with long-distance voice communication upgrades. All current Agents also have access to a text-based communication network designated "Yahoo" (investigation into product naming protocols has been conducted, and those responsible for the error have been terminated). There is also a text-based communication protocol built into the PS3 model DART-6 Interface OS, designated "Text Chat" (no investigation required at this time). All applicants please advise of any supported non-standard protocols. If none are available, "Text Chat" will be deemed a suitable method of in-mission communication.

2. Location/Language: RLN core leadership is New Zealand based. Agents whose point of origin does not coincide with our own have occasionally been found to cause network latency. This results in unpredictable behaviours, and may be deemed an unacceptable mission risk. A specific location is not required, but prospective Agents will be deemed unsuitable if such interface disruptions occur during Primary Testing Phase. Of greater importance is language. Primary spoken and written language of RLN is English. All applicants MUST be fluent in the Syndicate's primary language to an acceptable level. This application will be a part of this testing, but the Primary Testing Phase may also cover this aspect.

3. Combat Effectiveness/Combat Role: Diverse Combat Roles are necessary for efficient completion of mission objectives. Please provide Role Designation and definition. Different corporations use different Role Designations, so your definition must include certain details. 1 - 3 preferred primary weapons must be listed. 1 - 2 preferred secondary weapons (sidearms) are also required. Also, at least 3 preferred Breach Applications (Apps) must be provided. A short discourse on commonly-used tactics would also be deemed valuable.

4. Experience/Upgrades: Please provide current Agent Rank. Agents of any Rank will be considered, as all will receive further training. In addition to Agent Rank, please specify current ROM Module level (0 - 4) and whether the DART-6 chip contains Extra Memory upgrade. Finally, please provide any intel you have gathered on Eurocorp Agent Kilo. This information isn't critical to your application, but knowledge of this Agent's actions have been deemed beneficial to the Syndicate.

End Application Protocol.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#2obliviondoll(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2012 10:35:14 AM
Incoming message...
Sender: Oblivion Doll (DART-6 Interface Designation: obliviondoll)

Now that the programming has done its thing, time for a human touch. Hi! I'm Oblivion Doll. My PSN ID is obliviondoll. I'm the "CEO" of Republica Luna Nova (it's only Rep Luna Nova in-game, unfortunately). Our Syndicate tag is [RLN] for obvious reasons. We've started off with just myself and Urie (PSN: UrieHuskie), and are playing, obviously on PS3. The two of us have completed the entire Syndicate co-op campaign as a 2-man team, which was awesome fun, and quite a good challenge. I certainly won't say we're the best, but we're pretty good, and we both enjoy ourselves immensely.

Urie doesn't have a headset (yet), so we're using Yahoo! Messenger to communicate until he picks one up. I have one, so hopefully we get more people we can talk to - a headset isn't required, but it would help. If you don't have a headset, but have Yahoo, let us know that too - having you added there will be easier than using PSN chat, although that is available as a last resort, so at least we don't have to worry about a "nothing" option.

Our primary concern is FUN, not topping the leaderboard or being "the best" - so while we will screen applicants based on skill, the most important issue is LAG. A certain amount of lag is to be expected (we're in New Zealand, we're used to it), but if the connection between us and you is so bad that you're running in seconds per frame instead of frames per second, that spoils the fun and won't be accepted. I don't care if you can solo the entire co-op on Expert with a level 1 Agent. I want to be able to watch you do it.

By the same score, while it doesn't really MATTER, it would be nice to know how much you've unlocked in the Co-Op. You'll gain ranks, abilities, upgrades and things regardless, but this will help us decide which map to test you on, and what difficulty level we should use. I don't mind if you're still learning the game's intricacies, as long as you're doing your share of the work. It sometimes takes a while to get used to breaching and shooting. Stick with it, and we'll help you get there. Keep us alive, get us back up when we're down, and join in the business of war.

I look forward to fighting by your sides, Agents.

In the meantime, have a CLEAR explanation of the information I'll need for your application.

1. What's your PSN ID? And do you have a mic or Yahoo Messenger? If you have Yahoo, what's your username?

2. (Optional) Where are you from?
(NOT Optional) Can you read and speak fluent English? (If you don't have a mic, don't worry about speech)

3. What weapons do you prefer using? And no, "Minigun" is NOT an acceptable answer. What are your preferred STARTING weapons? Also, try to narrow it down to 3 primaries at most - "all of them" doesn't help any more than "Minigun" does.

4. (Optional) How far have you gone through the single player?
(NOT Optional) What's your current Agent Rank in Co-Op?
(Optional) What's the highest ROM Module upgrade you've unlocked? (they unlock the "tiers" for the App upgrades)
(NOT Optional) Do you have the Extra Memory upgrade? (that's the one that lets you equip 2 Apps at once)

5. (Optional) If I'm in game, I want to play as Emma Thalos (the only character with a beret). Are you ok with that? Will you steal her from me? (yes, I'm serious. I loves my Thalos!)
---
#3AnathemaFoxPosted 3/1/2012 6:19:26 AM
1. What's your PSN ID? And do you have a mic or Yahoo Messenger? If you have Yahoo, what's your username?

My PSN is AnathemaFox. Yes, I have a mic, and my yahoo is Cailebspet.

2. (Optional) Where are you from?
(NOT Optional) Can you read and speak fluent English? (If you don't have a mic, don't worry about speech)

I am a US player and speak fluent english. I have been to many other nations as well and have picked up tidbits of other languages (Was military for 6 years)

3. What weapons do you prefer using? And no, "Minigun" is NOT an acceptable answer. What are your preferred STARTING weapons? Also, try to narrow it down to 3 primaries at most - "all of them" doesn't help any more than "Minigun" does.

My personal favorite HAS to be the ACR-10. I love the range and versatility of it, as well as the punch that it packs. My Second is the TAR-9 for its expertise at close quarters wet work. My third is the Semi-auto pistol for it's surprising stopping power and three round bursts.

4. (Optional) How far have you gone through the single player?
(NOT Optional) What's your current Agent Rank in Co-Op?
(Optional) What's the highest ROM Module upgrade you've unlocked? (they unlock the "tiers" for the App upgrades)
(NOT Optional) Do you have the Extra Memory upgrade? (that's the one that lets you equip 2 Apps at once)

I have infiltrated deep into the Cayman Global floating base so far.
My current Agent rank is Level 2 (have had trouble connecting to some games so ive only been able to knock out western Europe and Mosambique.
I am still working on my first Rom upgrade but i am only a couple of points away, and My next choice for a chip upgrade is the extra memory. I elected to unlock medic upgrades first as that is always my best role in FPS's.

5. (Optional) If I'm in game, I want to play as Emma Thalos (the only character with a beret). Are you ok with that? Will you steal her from me? (yes, I'm serious. I loves my Thalos!)

Play as emma all you want! I'm not picky about my character. As long as they can facilitate me to accomplish my mission, I am happy.
#4obliviondoll(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2012 10:10:50 PM
AnathemaFox posted...
1. My PSN is AnathemaFox. Yes, I have a mic, and my yahoo is Cailebspet.

2. I am a US player and speak fluent english. I have been to many other nations as well and have picked up tidbits of other languages (Was military for 6 years)

3. My personal favorite HAS to be the ACR-10. I love the range and versatility of it, as well as the punch that it packs. My Second is the TAR-9 for its expertise at close quarters wet work. My third is the Semi-auto pistol for it's surprising stopping power and three round bursts.

4. I have infiltrated deep into the Cayman Global floating base so far.
My current Agent rank is Level 2 (have had trouble connecting to some games so ive only been able to knock out western Europe and Mosambique.
I am still working on my first Rom upgrade but i am only a couple of points away, and My next choice for a chip upgrade is the extra memory. I elected to unlock medic upgrades first as that is always my best role in FPS's.

5. Play as emma all you want! I'm not picky about my character. As long as they can facilitate me to accomplish my mission, I am happy.

Awesome... I'm sure I've seen your PSN ID somewhere before... No clue where though. Will add you tonight, and try to catch up asap. If we connect well and work together well, you'll be in. Will add you on Yahoo in a few minutes.

The Cayman Global base would be Atlantic Accelerator - it's one of my favourites.

Are you up for a 2-man run somewhere? Or should I make sure we have at least 3 people? (I'll probably ask this again on PSN as well when we meet up)

Also, your weapon loadout matches our only current Board Member's weapon choice, but if you're medic-focused, you'll probably be more like me for your App loadout. For the record, I mostly use the TAR-39, and the UMK is my next preference. Always Bullhammer for my pistol, although the APP-3 (your preference) is a rather awesome gun too. I just like the way I can cut people in half with a handgun. :)
---
#5AnathemaFoxPosted 3/2/2012 1:21:30 AM
Sounds good. Wasn't on thursday due to work, but i will be active again friday.

I also think we've seen each other on the Space Marine Forums.
#6AnathemaFoxPosted 3/2/2012 1:27:43 AM
Ok... left my self made corp, so I am open for invites. Like I said, tomorrow is my day off so ill be on as much as i can to rank up as quickly as possible.
#7obliviondoll(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2012 2:07:16 AM
AnathemaFox posted...
Sounds good. Wasn't on thursday due to work, but i will be active again friday.

I also think we've seen each other on the Space Marine Forums.

That would be it. I should get back to that sometime.

I've got some things on tomorrow night (It's going to be Saturday for me), but I should have some time to spare before I go out - will get as much PS3 time as I can get away with. Hope to see you then.
---
#8obliviondoll(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2012 1:32:57 PM
And now it's time to welcome AnathemaPet as the newest Agent for Republica Luna Nova.

Those were some good games.
---
#9obliviondoll(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2012 1:34:57 PM
AnathemaFox.

I really shouldn't do this while sleep deprived and paying more attention to weapon research in the game...

Sorry.
---
#10obliviondoll(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2012 8:04:15 PM
Still only 3 of us.

And still having fun.

Anyone else up for it?
---