Found another glitch *sigh*

#1sdakerriganPosted 3/12/2012 6:28:38 AM
So I was playing Co-op on Hard mode (which is very challenging for me and my lack of aiming skills) with a friend on the mission where you have to collect tissue samples. He is high level so his game freezes every time the autosave kicks in but we were compensating for this by starting a C2C Pulse whenever we would chiprip an agent. Anywhoo, a reactive agent was killed and he proceeded to chiprip them as you do, and he froze and was running on the spot.

This happened just in time for me to reload my weapon. I was just finishing the animation when he unfroze and started running for cover, and I went to follow him. But I kept reloading. And reloading and reloading. The animation got stuck in repeat. I must've looked like a right idiot running around like this so I switched weapon from my precious golden ACR to a Coil Laser Rifle and it worked fine. Until I had to reload when the glitch happened again. I couldn't aim because the glitch made my screen all shakey, so I could barely see and couldn't run in a straight line which obviously got us killed.

Has this happened to anyone else? My friend said he had never seen anything like it. Now I get scared every time I run out of bullets.
---
PSN: BankaiKurenai
#2obliviondollPosted 3/12/2012 9:02:55 PM
I've had worse.

I was in the middle of sticking a box into the dropship in Colorado when my friend did a chiprip and froze, he was host. I got the box stuck to my face, couldn't see, and couldn't reload. I literally had almost 3/4 of the screen covered by the box, and couldn't see through it with DART Overlay mode.

Apparently you can't be doing any "interactions" while the host is in a freeze.

Also, I'm level 28 and still haven't had a freezing issue yet. Not everyone gets it.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#3sdakerrigan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2012 6:19:32 AM
Ahhh, ok then. At least I know what to do to avoid it now, thanks for your reply.

Can't help but think that this game would be so much better without all the glitches but I guess they're not going to fix it any time soon judging from the other posts. My friend pointed out that when I first came into co-op as a level 0, I was ranked 5,000-ish so I'm thinking that they aren't going to waste time and money on something that probably didn't even make a profit.
---
PSN: BankaiKurenai
#4FeomatharPosted 3/13/2012 4:30:32 PM
I've been enjoying the crap out of co-op, but I've had some terrible encounters regarding elevators. Once I was locked out of a descending elevator my team was on, so when they inevitably wiped I was the last one standing and couldn't do a thing except quit. Another time an elevator ate me and I was stuck for the rest of the match. Goddamnit elevators...haven't hated you guys so much since ME1.
---
"Woman Hitler" is an anagram for Mother-In-Law.
Currently Playing: Mass Effect 3, Syndicate
#5AmnesiaHazePosted 3/14/2012 4:11:45 AM

i had the stuck briefcase glitch too , but i could freely move and shoot (with my primary gun) , the funniest part was that after i returned the briefcase i still had it o n me , and could return it again as many times i wanted for 1000 XP , well only four times because it counted into the objectives and finished the mission, but i still was able to return it like 2 more times before round finally  ended

#6endlessfloodPosted 3/14/2012 8:07:39 PM
AmnesiaHaze posted...
i had the stuck briefcase glitch too , but i could freely move and shoot (with my primary gun) , the funniest part was that after i returned the briefcase i still had it o n me , and could return it again as many times i wanted for 1000 XP , well only four times because it counted into the objectives and finished the mission, but i still was able to return it like 2 more times before round finally ended

Yeah my friend has had that same glitch too (on Mozambique).

With respect to the reloading glitch, I get it quite often when the game seems to be out of sync (i.e. other friendlies running on the spot), and the reloading glitch won't sort itself out until you've switched weapons and the game has re-synced properly.