Controls

#1stevep397Posted 2/21/2012 5:50:48 PM

I started the game and found that it defaults to an xbox type controller for the pc.  I can't get it to default or change the onscreen prompts to the keyboard and mouse commands. Does anyone know how to change this. I couldnt find it anywhere in the options menu and I don't have a game controller connected to the pc.

Thanks in advance.

Stevep397

#2XbladezPosted 2/22/2012 3:19:43 PM
i've looked thru all the menus and there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of the shoddy xbox controll popups or swap them to the pc ones. really lousy of EA and starbreeze.
---
"Peace > Stagnation > Death < Violence < War"
hence why death is inevitable
#3DarkArruPosted 2/23/2012 10:46:47 AM

Really annoying indeed. And I need toggle aim down sight ....

#4TinyHowiePosted 2/23/2012 2:07:12 PM
Unplug your controller perhaps? I got the keyboard maps after that.
#5XbladezPosted 2/27/2012 9:03:42 PM
unplug what controller? I only have my mouse and keyboard plugged in and it still only shows the stupid xbox controls.
---
"Peace > Stagnation > Death < Violence < War"
hence why death is inevitable
#6obliviondollPosted 2/28/2012 10:52:03 AM
The game uses Mouse/keyboard control prompts as long as it doesn't detect a controller attached to the PC.

If you have a controller connected, or something the game can't identify and things is a controller, that will cause this problem.

On a couple of other sites, people have posted instructions to disable the controller detection using a hex editor, and at least one person has put the edited config files online for download. Check out the Starbreeze forums and syndicateforum.com
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"