• Topic Archived
4 years ago#1

I started the game and found that it defaults to an xbox type controller for the pc.  I can't get it to default or change the onscreen prompts to the keyboard and mouse commands. Does anyone know how to change this. I couldnt find it anywhere in the options menu and I don't have a game controller connected to the pc.

Thanks in advance.

4 years ago#2
i've looked thru all the menus and there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of the shoddy xbox controll popups or swap them to the pc ones. really lousy of EA and starbreeze.
"Peace > Stagnation > Death < Violence < War"
hence why death is inevitable
4 years ago#3

Really annoying indeed. And I need toggle aim down sight ....

4 years ago#4
Unplug your controller perhaps? I got the keyboard maps after that.
4 years ago#5
unplug what controller? I only have my mouse and keyboard plugged in and it still only shows the stupid xbox controls.
"Peace > Stagnation > Death < Violence < War"
hence why death is inevitable
4 years ago#6
The game uses Mouse/keyboard control prompts as long as it doesn't detect a controller attached to the PC.

If you have a controller connected, or something the game can't identify and things is a controller, that will cause this problem.

On a couple of other sites, people have posted instructions to disable the controller detection using a hex editor, and at least one person has put the edited config files online for download. Check out the Starbreeze forums and
"I want my meals to think for myself"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived