This game...

#11Hot_PotatoPosted 4/6/2008 1:13:32 PM

I just watched Aliens last night, and this is easily my most hyped game right now. I was hyping this before I even saw Aliens. I also noticed influences from Aliens that were in CoD4: "Check those corners", "I like to keep this. For close encounters" (shotgun) and "WE ARE LEAVING" All are in the ship level in the beginning.

Part of my hype is for a scary atmospheric game, and that you can barricade yourself from the aliens by welding doors etc. I hope this game is scary.

#12xenomorph77Posted 4/8/2008 5:09:40 PM
I just watched Aliens last night, and this is easily my most hyped game right now. I was hyping this before I even saw Aliens.

You just saw Aliens for the first time? Please tell me that you've seen the original Alien. I think it the superior film.
---
"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Bixby Snyder
#13doug123Posted 4/14/2008 10:29:04 AM
Just as long as they keep health re-gen and a cover system out of this game I will be happy.
#14aolhaterPosted 4/21/2008 1:43:22 PM
Superior as in being the original film that started it all? Definitely yes. Superior as in guns guns guns? Not a chance, Aliens get the cake for firepower.
#15GolemXPosted 4/24/2008 3:59:37 AM
I pray to Ra this will wash away the bad taste from the latest movie turds. At least Requiem was so dark I didn't have to see much of the crap on screen. And still it reeked.
#16the_hungerPosted 4/29/2008 6:21:34 PM

GolemX posted...
I pray to Ra this will wash away the bad taste from the latest movie turds. At least Requiem was so dark I didn't have to see much of the crap on screen. And still it reeked.

Yeah, I just rented the DVD, and it was pretty bad. There is no reason that movie should have ever been made.

#17ratix2Posted 5/1/2008 7:33:55 AM

aolhater posted...
Superior as in being the original film that started it all? Definitely yes. Superior as in guns guns guns? Not a chance, Aliens get the cake for firepower.

if you watch them they are quite different really, but thats for another time (the first was the better of the two in my opinion though).

anyway, gearbox has a pretty good track record. opfor is one of my favorite games and i much perfer that to the orginal half life (which is saying something), and theyve done a damn good job on all of their other projects so hopefully this will turn out as good as it should turn out.