Do you think this will be of higher quality than AVP?

#1sucricPosted 1/15/2013 1:55:20 PM(edited)
I'm looking for a new way to get my aliens fix, and so far, it's just the movies that really do it. Whats the general buzz on this game?

After AVP I am cautiously optimistic for this game.
---
Angry RUSSIAN HELICOPTER!
#2nismojoePosted 1/15/2013 2:19:16 PM
if you are looking for an aliens fix...this is the only game coming out that im aware of....kinda narrows the choices down eh?
---
"What people claim, and what they can prove are two completely different things." - MKM
My rig - http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=27988
#3Village IdiotPosted 1/15/2013 2:35:00 PM
From the videos they released, they at least got the tense atmosphere done right.

Its also a massive homage for the fans.

As a huge fan of the Alien series, it'll be worth buying for that alone.

As bad as AvP2010 was, they got the Marine campaign done right...for the first two levels.

However, once you leave the settlement and into the wilderness, the entire game just fell apart.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#4JamieK1981Posted 1/21/2013 3:45:32 PM
I thought the avp2010 had potential, especially the multiplayer, IF players played the races properly, but all they did was running in circles mashing the E key or something like that.

It just got too boringly repetative, though the campaigns were interesting, granted, it wasn't topnotch, but its better then nothing at all.
#5thyco1241Posted 1/24/2013 4:42:28 AM
Graphically, everything ive seen of Colonial Marines is subpar comared to AvP2010. I much perfer the design of the aliens in AvP2010 in their movements and animations compared to CM. not liking the loss of acid blood being dangerous either.
having said that though i am looking forward to it though i will be getting it a week late, but the week wait was worth it when i only had to pay 30AUD instead of 80USD
#6valkod23Posted 2/2/2013 4:24:33 PM
sucric posted...
I'm looking for a new way to get my aliens fix, and so far, it's just the movies that really do it. Whats the general buzz on this game?

After AVP I am cautiously optimistic for this game.

AvP was awesome. By AvP I mean the 1999 AvP, not the donkey-ball-sucking 2010 crapfest.
---
PSN: Valkod
Playing Dark Souls and Baldur's Gate Trilogy right now.
#7sucric(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:38:49 PM
I just watched the livestream and this game clearly looks better than the AVP 2010. The only downside to the livestream was that the guy they picked to play is a total noob. He got destroyed in multiplayer.

The campaign preview is over after 34 min into the livestream, if you dont want spoilers.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/28/ign-live-presents-aliens-colonial-marines
---
Angry RUSSIAN HELICOPTER!
#8thyco1241Posted 2/4/2013 7:52:58 PM
After replaying AvP2010 and then seeing the ign livestream, im not liking what ive seen or heard. The graphics look alot worse than AvP2010 but im hoping that could just be becaue ign are freaking stupid and only stream it it at a max of 720p instead of 1080p, but the animations are very very very terrible looking for the aliens.

Definately hate the fact that there is no first person view for the aliens in multiplayer and the reasoning was just pure crap and it made the terrible animations stand out even more
#9MrXGamerPosted 2/5/2013 2:27:14 PM
The most annoying thing in AVP2010 was the copy/pasted multiplayer maps thrown into single player. Campaigns started off with a bit of unique design and then it was all MP maps. Felt like you were just playing (solo) multiplayer against bots with some CGI cutscenes thrown in here and there. It failed to capture the mood/atmosphere and the jungle parts were too linear. A complete rushed job.

In Aliens: Colonial Marines, at least they're trying to keep the campaign a unique experience and not feel like MP with bots. From what I have heard, the level designs won't be linear either. Co-op should be fun and if the MP is balanced unlike AVP2010, then the game has great potential to deliver. Got it preordered, so can't wait.
---
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Crucial m4 SSD | Blu-ray | Win 7 x64
#10PsyEdPosted 2/5/2013 6:31:23 PM
IMHO AvP 2010 wasn't THAT bad....and on PC it looks awesome with DX11...even used for benchmarks till to this day!

Anyway highly unlikely A:CM will match AvP 2010 in the looks dept....or even sound. But I'm sure the gameplay will have more soul than like AvP's tech demo levels.
---
Psy3d on 360
PsyEd on PSN