Aliens: Colonial Marines or Dead Space 3?

#1grevierrPosted 1/25/2013 1:26:20 AM
So Dead Space 3 is released on 5 feb, followed by Aliens: Colonial Marines on 12 feb. Its like a competition between the horror franchise.

Deadspace 3 already had its demo released, and I can say the sound track has parts which pay homage to the eerie tracks from Aliens as well (especially when you just enter the caves...) Otherwise, the sudden enemies are more or less what you can expect from action horrors.

Aliens CM would be continuing the classic story from where it left off, and the trailers so far makes it look awesome for the fans.

Both share the same elements, with DS following in the footsteps of Aliens style of horror, it would have to compete with the successor of Aliens.

Which will win your fright?
---
When in Deadly Danger, When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!
#2Cade6669Posted 1/25/2013 9:46:04 AM
This. One, because you can pick this up for much cheaper and Two, I'm not sold on DS3's new direction.
---
XBL- SuperKing 61
PSN- KingCade
#3HungryDogPosted 1/27/2013 10:43:05 PM
EA's Origin uses SecuROM, this title uses Valve's 'nicer' Steamworks.......................
---
http://gavade.deviantart.com/
#4DrewP4PPosted 1/30/2013 10:49:02 AM
Definitely aliens. SInce the developers of DS3 shows no respect for pc gaming. Plus Aliens have 4 player coop.
---
XBL-drew is p4p PSN-Drewciferp4p
facebook. com/drewp4p twitter. com/#!/DrewP4P
#5GarudinPosted 2/10/2013 6:14:35 PM
DrewP4P posted...
Definitely aliens. SInce the developers of DS3 shows no respect for pc gaming. Plus Aliens have 4 player coop.

To be fair I think the guy miss spoke or is a complete idiot when it comes to words as a couple reviews have already pointed out that DS3 is a very well done port
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea
#6spikedwraithPosted 2/11/2013 8:16:26 AM
Dead Space 3 is a well done port - graphics wise. Although the actual game itself is a bit of a mixed bag.
#7Interceptor1412Posted 2/11/2013 8:57:25 AM
The controls for DS3 (well, any of them) is lazy, the RIG HUD controls are horrendous, the devs don't try or care, just map it to the keyboard and forget it. Hell, at least map them to reasonable keys. They don't care.

it's pretty jarring using the arrow keys for HUD navigation, using the mouse is even worse. The weapon selection for many games these days is obviously designed for a DPAD, absolutely no afterthought for mouse users.

And it's pretty hard to screw up the graphics, when they barely add anything worthwhile, they don't want to deal with it, I suppose.

It's rather sad seeing PC gaming nowadays.