(Poll) Predict your future score for this game, 1-10.

#1Cade6669Posted 1/30/2013 9:08:41 PM
What do you think you'll rate this game? - Results (192 votes)
2.08% (4 votes)
3.13% (6 votes)
1.04% (2 votes)
3.13% (6 votes)
5.73% (11 votes)
13.54% (26 votes)
30.21% (58 votes)
32.29% (62 votes)
6.25% (12 votes)
2.6% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Im hyped for this game, I can say 9 safely.
---
XBL- SuperKing 61
PSN- KingCade
#2RontequePosted 2/4/2013 1:25:22 PM
Hype does not equal to a 9....

I voted for 4. I can imagine critic reviews giving it an 8 but user reviews giving it a low 4.
#3TakeAHitJakePosted 2/5/2013 5:44:12 AM
I voted 6 :\ I hope I'm wrong though.
#4PailheadPosted 2/5/2013 7:39:42 AM
Ronteque posted...
I can imagine critic reviews giving it an 8 but user reviews giving it a low 4.

Indeed, guaranteed most of the people going for an 8 here will be the same people that come out after it's released and give it a 4 or below.
---
Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something.
#5Cade6669(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:08:53 AM
GearBox makes great games, and they have a good track record. Plus, the game looks great and the game looks like a ton of fun. Have you seen the youtube videos?
---
XBL- SuperKing 61
Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperKing61
#6RontequePosted 2/5/2013 12:15:51 PM(edited)
Cade6669 posted...
GearBox makes great games, and they have a good track record. Plus, the game looks great and the game looks like a ton of fun. Have you seen the youtube videos?

If you meant the 2 hour long video of gameplay stream on IGN, yes.

I have seen the video and it just does not seem.... good? I am talking about the core gameplay mechanics. Sure, the graphics look decent, 3D. But the aliens look a little blocky to me and their weird looking animation. When you at shoot them, they just seem to EXPLODE into GREEN without even leaving a corpse behind???!!! lolwut... I was expecting like body parts of the aliens strewn about not just vaporized into a thin air.

The game is linear and scripted from start to finish.

I just cannot fathom what replay value this game will give with its poor multiplayer infrastructure on the pc platform. Survivor mode.... Nothing unique. 4 player co op versus mode... Nope..

Their Alien archetypes even imitate L4D2 exactly. Warrior alien? Spitter? Hunter? Tank?

I can see that Battlefield 3 or Planetside 2 offers a much better multiplayer experience.

Imagine Battlefield 3 but with Aliens vs Marines settings. Huge, open world. YES! That would be freaking awesome! With the level progression for both Aliens and Marines..

Marines will unlock new weapons and get more upgrades like armor and gadgets. Aliens will get new abilities that they can spend to customize their "alien ability tree", each with their own class as well.

I can see that this is the type of game that once you blow through that story mode once, you are pretty much done with it.

I hope I am wrong though. We will see..
#7PsyEdPosted 2/5/2013 6:32:58 PM
Prolly a 8....so far not a single gearbox game appealed to me...including borderland series. Hope they do good for this one.
---
Psy3d on 360
PsyEd on PSN
#8DesulatedPosted 2/5/2013 10:40:08 PM
A 6, but I really, really hope it's not the case. All things considered, the worst that can happen to this game is it being a repeat of what Duke Nukem Forever was.
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
League of Legends username: Lati0s
#9TheodoreRBundyPosted 2/8/2013 10:53:20 AM
Ronteque posted...
Cade6669 posted...

If you meant the 2 hour long video of gameplay stream on IGN, yes.

I have seen the video and it just does not seem.... good? I am talking about the core gameplay mechanics. Sure, the graphics look decent, 3D. But the aliens look a little blocky to me and their weird looking animation. When you at shoot them, they just seem to EXPLODE into GREEN without even leaving a corpse behind???!!! lolwut... I was expecting like body parts of the aliens strewn about not just vaporized into a thin air.

They only explode if hit by the smart gun.

Dead Alien bodies: http://imgur.com/hNTsH7u

Just like a majority of FPS released in recent times. Cod, Battlefield, Halo, and Killzone to name a few.

I just cannot fathom what replay value this game will give with its poor multiplayer infrastructure on the pc platform. Survivor mode.... Nothing unique. 4 player co op versus mode... Nope..

I like the idea of escape, marines running from point a to b while running from aliens. Give a sense of panic if the aliens are good players.

Their Alien archetypes even imitate L4D2 exactly. Warrior alien? Spitter? Hunter? Tank?

Natural Selection, a half life mod, came out in 2002 and featured a spitter, warrior, and tank type alien. Left 4 dead came out in 2008.

I can see that Battlefield 3 or Planetside 2 offers a much better multiplayer experience.

They might but they are also not the same type of game. Aliens is a close quarters experience focusing on small teams in claustrophobic environments. It also has a different species other than human. Both Planetside and Battlefield are standard shooters in the sense that your shooting another person. The only thing they have going for them is the large amount of players at one time. Even then both games were/are riddled with bugs and certain factions, looking at you planetside, has an advantage over another.

Imagine Battlefield 3 but with Aliens vs Marines settings. Huge, open world. YES! That would be freaking awesome! With the level progression for both Aliens and Marines..

That wouldn't work because the entire concept of the aliens movies are that the aliens are hard to see and can attack from anywhere. A huge open world would make for much slower gameplay and would take away the anxiety of being trapped in a small area with murderous aliens that lurk around any corner.

Marines will unlock new weapons and get more upgrades like armor and gadgets. Aliens will get new abilities that they can spend to customize their "alien ability tree", each with their own class as well.

Marines can do that in game already and you can customize them and the aliens.

I can see that this is the type of game that once you blow through that story mode once, you are pretty much done with it.

I personally plan on playing through it on the hardest difficulty alone, maybe with one other friend, to get the true aliens experience. The Aliens are supposed to be the greatest killers in the galaxy. But I do see what your saying, I believe Gearbox said they were going to release story content but I'm not 100% so that's all speculation.

I hope I am wrong though. We will see..

---
Trying to right my wrongs!
#10MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 2/8/2013 3:30:11 PM
TheodoreRBundy posted...
Ronteque posted...
Cade6669 posted...

Just like a majority of FPS released in recent times. Cod, Battlefield, Halo, and Killzone to name a few.

LOL! So your defense of that is basically since some other games have crappy linear and scripted single player it's ok for this to? OK, got it.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!