The reviews/scores on this game are outright ridiculous.

#1sjwho2Posted 2/12/2013 10:17:04 PM
First off lets talk about being a "canon" aliens experience.

Its decent, aliens colonial marines isn't even about the lore honestly and shouldn't be. I find it hard to nitpick about being "true" to the lore when this game is clearly done well in that regard. Personally I think either super alien nerds are reviewing this or people who have no idea what aliens really is(much less what this game was set up for). I see such unbelievable HYPOCRISY when talking about "lore" and being an "aliens experience", I'm sorry dmc wasn't that but it gets a 9/10? HUH?!
-It says in the title "marine" what do you really expect? Some deep character dev. from a marine? Horror story? Really? How stupid are these reviewers nowadays. It says COLONIAL MARINES for crying out loud.

Secondly lets talk about the scores. Its pathetic that people give this a 2.5, a 4, a 1, it really just shows how ridiculously opinionated they are on reviews.

One month ago DmC got 9/10's despite it being a ridiculously average game. Aliens fits that quota just fine and it gets ratings compared to completely broken games? Have you ever played a 1/10 game? Because aliens actually works, its not broken, and has solid gameplay.

This hate is just pathetic.
#2MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 2/12/2013 10:20:58 PM
I think your fanboy goggles are too thick if you don't think this game is getting the scores it deserves. My advice is to take them off and then play the game.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#3sjwho2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 10:23:12 PM
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
I think your fanboy goggles are too thick if you don't think this game is getting the scores it deserves. My advice is to take them off and then play the game.

Sorry, its a decent game. Its not great, its not trash. It certainly doesn't deserve this obscene amount of hate from people who have no idea what they are talking about.
#4BuburibonPosted 2/12/2013 11:24:26 PM
Gametrailers got it right with their 5.9/10 review.
---
3770K @ 4.3Ghz | 16GB | GTX 690
Steam: Buburibon | NNID: Buburibon | PSN: buburibon | XBL: latteribon
#5RaidenGrayPosted 2/12/2013 11:27:48 PM
I don't think it's a bad game either. It's not a great game though. It's the equivalent of B-Movie. Really I think it's just because we get so many huge AAA game releases nowadays that a lot of gamers have just become somewhat jaded.
---
GamerTag: Jeffreh
#6Darth_DragonPosted 2/12/2013 11:28:38 PM
I'm glad to find someone else that likes the game. I've been enjoying the single-player game so far. People are being to harsh on this game. Sure, its not perfect but I'm still enjoying myself.

Overall I'd still give this a 7-8/10.
---
"I could plant a stick in the ground and by dawn it would grow into a better man than you."
#7KedraelPosted 2/12/2013 11:58:35 PM
The game is not good :/ The story is pretty bad - marines being the focus as an excuse is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Marines were the focus of the movie Aliens.

More so, the bugs. Multi is actually fun - but dear god the bugs are out of hand. Aliens that cant walk on ceilings or transition surfaces, aliens pinning marines and not killing them, holding them down for 10 minutes during a match or until someone kills them, etc etc etc. Ugh.

The big problem and why so many people are upset? WE JUST PAYED A PREMIUM PRICE for a decidedly sub-premium game.
#8NoGaRdKniGhtPosted 2/13/2013 12:04:51 AM
I haven't seen any gamebreaking bugs besides the lurker pounce locking both players in until one of them gets killed by another player. Very little issues with transitioning once I sorted out my bindings and got used to the feel of it being third-person.
#9claytonbuckleyPosted 2/13/2013 12:28:41 AM
It's not fanboy goggles, it's the fact OP needs to try justify the money he spent pre-ordering it.

Just own up to it, you're a sucker. People will respect you more if you just own up to it rather than try tell us something bad it actually good.
#10sjwho2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:37:40 AM
claytonbuckley posted...
It's not fanboy goggles, it's the fact OP needs to try justify the money he spent pre-ordering it.

Just own up to it, you're a sucker. People will respect you more if you just own up to it rather than try tell us something bad it actually good.

First off, pre-order is 5 dollars, and can transition to any other purchase you wish to make using game-stop.(at least at mine). So besides 5 dollars not being much, i constantly have pre-orders switched around anyways.

Now is it worth the full price, nah. But is it a horrible god awful game? definitely not. I see anarchy reigns getting 7's and 8's, but this game gettting 2's and 3's why? It isn't THAT bad, and quite honestly I was surprised so many people are up in arms against this game when its really just a "meh" release.
-------------------------