The reviews/scores on this game are outright ridiculous.

#51FFATMAPosted 3/14/2013 7:58:14 PM
Reviews on the Run just gave this a 0.0 and a 0.5 score. =P
---
PSN Name: FFATMA
#52poppen695Posted 3/19/2013 7:56:26 AM
FFATMA posted...
Reviews on the Run just gave this a 0.0 and a 0.5 score. =P

Second one is too high.
#53themalletPosted 3/26/2013 8:21:59 AM
I liked it, at release it would have received a 6/10 from me, not what it was cracked up to be, downgraded visuals and a couple things were stripped from final release (because what game in recent history HASNT done that) but MP has been fun seeing as that is the focus of this game, the level design is authentic if even could have used a couple visual upgrades, the customization options are neat and the story focuses on the colonial marines, has Aliens, and if people forgot about Wey Yu's involvement in wanting to get live specimens for study, why WOULDNT they be in this game? For all intents and purposes they chose that planet to colonize and to study the aliens, they want to keep the Colonial Marines unaware of this...it all makes sense, but people complain about it? The characters werent as likable as the Aliens cast, but thats nostalgia talking, noone is going to be as likable as Hicks, Hudson and Vasquez.

Post patch I'd upgrade my score to a 7/10 due to the improvements.

Thats another thing I want to talk about, most reviews are from a build that doesnt exist anymore now that its being patched, so technically all the scores are outdated and meaningless, yet metacritic will forever show a 44 because the system is outdated and broken, review scores are from a time when console games were as released, forever, no patching no hotfixes nothing. It was either playable, good or not. Metacritic scores need to be fluid with patching and improvements + DLC. Scores need to change as time goes, because an entire industry should not be run on so called "professional" reviewers based on day 1 experiences alone, especially if the build is subject to be improved later.

I dont condone releasing a game that hasnt been properly tested, but if a company makes a good attempt at fixing it and actually making an enjoyable experience for people? That should be reflected. This whole ordeal with ACM is ridiculous. Gearbox may have not gone about things the best way, but a game was made, I'm glad this was not cancelled and that we have something that actually is an authentic Aliens experience even if it has a couple of warts on it.

People buy into CoD every year, can someone honestly tell me that those single player campaigns were any good? Also, The War Z received a 20 metacritic score and for some ungodly reason that has more active players....how can a game that received such negative press, had a scandal even WORSE than this game, falsely advertised a game (way more than ACM could have possibly done,if at all) and yet do better?

Simple answer.

Gamers do NOT know what they want and should NOT be trusted with the final word.
#54julbull73Posted 3/26/2013 9:09:51 AM
themallet posted...

People do NOT know what they want and should NOT be trusted with the final word.

Fixed

That being said you ever spout that garbage around me, expect some freedom to rain down on your butt. Cuz I'm 'Merican and it's my right to whine about getting what I want, but slightly different than I envisioned!
#55ExyllPosted 4/1/2013 9:57:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#56ExyllPosted 4/1/2013 10:25:44 AM
This isnt a bad game...unless you saw the E3 demos first. Then this is a bait and switch steaming pile of dung.
I bought this game cause it was Aliens, period. I was having a blast, went to check the reviews...wth, why? Went to see the E3 demo and this D-bag Pitchford, so full of himself and this 'awesome product' he's so sure we're all going to love...then I understood and learned two things:
1- Never pre-Order. From anyone. Ever.
2- Every single game maker will f&#k its customers, its just a matter of time:
BioWare, Blizzard, SqEnix, GearBox, Capcom...once a company makes a good game and achieves AAA status and has a good rep in the gaming community, it will only be a matter of time before they will start putting out trash, and fools will buy it 'just because' and these companies know it...
FinalFantasy has been doing it for 15 (FIFTEEN) years.
Peaked at FFVII, now whenever they need money they make some trash and put 'Final Fantasy' in front of it...fools throw their money at S/E when they hear those two words.
Diablo3- NOTHING like the demo, but fools (like me) pre-ordered cause 'its blizzard' and cause 'its diablo', so in my mind 'Blizzard is making another Diablo' was like waking from a dream, and they took all of our trusting @$$es right to the bank in pre-orders...and D3 turned out to be trash.
StreetFighter <X>: Comes out 3 times a year, each version is the LAST VERSION with a few DLCs unlocked...DLCs that are already on the disc...how stupid do Capcom thinks US gamers are? After SF4 everyone caught on and instead of buying it, they just waited 4 mos and got SFIV AE with all the unlocks included.
Anyway stop pre-ordering. Point Im making here is these game companies are taking us for suckers- when the pre-order sales drop- then we'll stop seeing re-used textures, re-used maps, tearing, and just basically lazy development. When they have to compete for our dollars, instead of us just throwing our money at them just because they made something you liked 4 yrs ago...What are they doing to earn your money this time? Some BS skin or crappy starter weapon you'll toss out after the tutorial is no longer good enough
#57julbull73Posted 4/4/2013 12:22:47 PM
Exyll posted...
This isnt a bad game...unless you saw the E3 demos first. Then this is a bait and switch steaming pile of dung.
I bought this game cause it was Aliens, period. I was having a blast, went to check the reviews...wth, why? Went to see the E3 demo and this D-bag Pitchford, so full of himself and this 'awesome product' he's so sure we're all going to love...then I understood and learned two things:
1- Never pre-Order. From anyone. Ever.
2- Every single game maker will f&#k its customers, its just a matter of time:
BioWare, Blizzard, SqEnix, GearBox, Capcom...once a company makes a good game and achieves AAA status and has a good rep in the gaming community, it will only be a matter of time before they will start putting out trash, and fools will buy it 'just because' and these companies know it...
FinalFantasy has been doing it for 15 (FIFTEEN) years.
Peaked at FFVII, now whenever they need money they make some trash and put 'Final Fantasy' in front of it...fools throw their money at S/E when they hear those two words.
Diablo3- NOTHING like the demo, but fools (like me) pre-ordered cause 'its blizzard' and cause 'its diablo', so in my mind 'Blizzard is making another Diablo' was like waking from a dream, and they took all of our trusting @$$es right to the bank in pre-orders...and D3 turned out to be trash.
StreetFighter <X>: Comes out 3 times a year, each version is the LAST VERSION with a few DLCs unlocked...DLCs that are already on the disc...how stupid do Capcom thinks US gamers are? After SF4 everyone caught on and instead of buying it, they just waited 4 mos and got SFIV AE with all the unlocks included.
Anyway stop pre-ordering. Point Im making here is these game companies are taking us for suckers- when the pre-order sales drop- then we'll stop seeing re-used textures, re-used maps, tearing, and just basically lazy development. When they have to compete for our dollars, instead of us just throwing our money at them just because they made something you liked 4 yrs ago...What are they doing to earn your money this time? Some BS skin or crappy starter weapon you'll toss out after the tutorial is no longer good enough

1.) I fully agree. I'd actually go even further and say wait for the cheaper more all inclusive GOTY editions.
2.)Ummm the demo was Act1. It was included, that's not really the case here, but yeah that's common with the others you ranted about.