If Colonial Marines is disappointing, play classic AvP

#11GroadergreenPosted 2/14/2013 10:43:36 AM
The first AvP was, admittedly, a fun game that I played way more than I should have at the time. Maybe it's time to venture into the attic and dig the game back out of the archives.
---
The Official Demonee-Ho of the SMT IV Board
#12julbull73Posted 2/14/2013 10:55:26 AM
Groadergreen posted...
The first AvP was, admittedly, a fun game that I played way more than I should have at the time. Maybe it's time to venture into the attic and dig the game back out of the archives.

I made that journey. I couldn't get it to run on these new fangled machines!

The classic AvP was and is still the best. Predator game, Alien game, and Sci-fi space marine game*.

*special recognition to Doom 1/2 for being a sci-fi space marine game about demons. Halo fans you can suck it. Halo is closer to a metroid game, and guess what Samus would do dirty things to Master chief....dirty dirty things, when she got done with him, he'd be Chief slave....
#13ZkkPosted 2/14/2013 1:24:36 PM
AVP2 is still awesome. I haven't played the first AVP in forever, but when there's AVP2 to play, who needs the first one? The Marine campaign is especially good.
#14julbull73Posted 2/14/2013 3:34:36 PM
Zkk posted...
AVP2 is still awesome. I haven't played the first AVP in forever, but when there's AVP2 to play, who needs the first one? The Marine campaign is especially good.

AvP2 lost some of the atmosphere of AvP though.

Predator was more fun to play in AvP2 however.
#15HappyDaze1Posted 2/14/2013 8:11:15 PM
PrinceOfHot posted...
/thread fail

you should listen to this kid, he's really familiar with creating threads full of fail
#16The Elite1Posted 2/15/2013 8:17:38 AM
There's an HD Mod for AvP2 out on the web. Improves models and such. AvP2 is highly recommended. Also try Natural Selection 2 on Steam.
---
"Officer, those dead fanboys were buried under my home long before I moved in."
GAMING PODCASTS & REVIEWS@ http://www.youtube.com/user/TheEliteX1
#17tony8669Posted 2/16/2013 12:33:01 PM
Darkshowers posted...
have Windows 7 and it works fine on my computer. It should be fine because older games on Steam are reconfigured to run on new PCs.

Well... they are, except for when they aren't ;-)

I think the issue is that if it requires a 3rd party app to run, they present it as-is, and you'll have to apply mods yourself. Or maybe it's a legal thing.

For example, X-Com runs using DosBox (which I think is open source), whereas Red Faction may not work unless you go out and get a d3d wrapper, then it works fine.

Generally, if it doesn't work, check the Steam forums first, and there's usually a sticky right at the top stating what you need to do to get the game running.
#18valkod23Posted 2/16/2013 5:32:07 PM
The Elite1 posted...
There's an HD Mod for AvP2 out on the web. Improves models and such. AvP2 is highly recommended. Also try Natural Selection 2 on Steam.

Excuse me? HD Mod for AvP 2? I think I feel something inside of me... joy, I think that's the word.
---
PSN: Valkod
Playing Dark Souls and Baldur's Gate Trilogy right now.