letter to randy

#1Honey-BoyPosted 2/14/2013 4:22:54 AM
Huge stinker!!
This message is for Randy Pitchford-

Dear Sir;

For the past 27 years I have been eagerly anticipating a sequel to Aliens; I have pointedly attempted to ignore Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection, as I thought they ruined a perfectly good story franchise. As you can imagine, I have been following, with keen interest, the development of Aliens: Colonial Marines for the last 5+ years...

In the last two years I have been very, very excited due to your incessant babble about "..canon sequel.." Until yesterday when your "canon sequel" was released I had great hopes!!!

After actual release, I was utterly devastated and disappointed.

This was NOT "canon." It was NOT a "sequel." This was a poorly written, rendered, voiced, designed and tediously scripted rip-off of a good name.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I purchased 4 copies; one for myself and three for friends of mine who are still on active duty in Afghanistan (I left the service several years ago because of injuries) could play together; unfortunately the game is so terrible I don't want to play through a second time, no matter whom I'm playing with.

Take your money, squirrel it away; I promise you'll not dupe me again, nor I daresay the gaming world either. I foresee doom and gloom for Gearbox because of this title, mark my words.

-RH
---
~choose death~
#2SykoslocosXRZPosted 2/14/2013 4:52:31 AM
Reply from Gearbox:

Dear Sir

Thank you for your money. we will look into your problems and do nothing with them

Also, u mad bro? do you even lift??

Kind regards.... lol
Randy "I make tons of money" Pitchford
---
"Play a game of Russian Roulette and have a Blast"
#3SuperrpgmanPosted 2/14/2013 4:59:19 AM(edited)
Dude, you said you bought 4 copies, at full price! You might as well have bought the next 3 games the company has put out.

They basically duped you 3 more times even before releasing their next few games.

Whether you like it or not, you just supported them in a massive way. You voted for their game with your wallet 4 times, while doing ZERO research.

It's not the game you want, it's the game you DESERVE!

---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#4gandonkingPosted 2/14/2013 5:03:46 AM
I was so excited for the game until the overdose of failure gave me cancer, thanks Randy!
#5Honey-Boy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 3:55:47 AM
Superrpgman posted...
Dude, you said you bought 4 copies, at full price! You might as well have bought the next 3 games the company has put out.

They basically duped you 3 more times even before releasing their next few games.

Whether you like it or not, you just supported them in a massive way. You voted for their game with your wallet 4 times, while doing ZERO research.

i did do research.

i saw the fraudulent trailers and bullshotted pics. all previews were positive.
---
~choose death~
#6LordPonchoPosted 2/19/2013 10:46:35 AM
Honey-Boy posted...
Superrpgman posted...

i did do research.

That's because they weren't fraudulent. They just weren't what we received. The previews were all based on the game we didn't receive.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#7yutterhPosted 2/19/2013 2:41:11 PM
A lot fo people were duped and over excited for the game. It's aliens after all and randy sold it to us all. He did his job exactly as he was supposed to do. The game wasn't finished they wasted 6 years and sega just wanted them to send it out. He sold a crap game to millions and profited a lot from this. The only problem is when you do cah ins like this you get a bad rep.
---
Good news everyone! - Hubert Farnsworth
What do you mean "we", flesh-tube? - bender
#8julbull73Posted 2/19/2013 4:11:14 PM
Honey-Boy posted...
Superrpgman posted...

i did do research.

Yeah I'm going to have to say, all the previews and pre-reviews (development reviews) were not only positive they were hailing this as a GOTY nominee.

So I agree with him on this. BEcause every single media outlet for video games fell for it as well. Which is also why I think the game is getting so beat up in reviews currently.

Now the overwhelming desire to play things on launch, that I never get. I always at least wait a week to two weeks if I'm really interested.

If it's just a minor interest, first price drop.
#9SuperrpgmanPosted 2/19/2013 10:38:44 PM
Honey-Boy posted...
Superrpgman posted...

i did do research.

I'm sorry, I should have clarified.

When I say do basic research, I mean actually READ! Find out what is going to be in the game that is talked about a few months before its release Looking at a game and thinking "Man this looks awesome!" is not research, and the fact that you honestly believe this leads me to this.

Again, I want to apologize.

You see, you were foolish enough to pre order 4 copies of a licensed game based off a movie franchise, based off of bloody trailers and screenshots. This my friend makes you the very definition of the lowest common denominator. This isn't the game you deserve at all.

Instead of 4 copies of Aliens, you deserve game boxes of this game, with DVDs replaced, each with different games. The games should be Superman 64, Action 52, E.T The Extraterrestrial, and Captain Novolin! If Randy were to do so himself, with a hand written letter basically saying "Ha! ha!" I'd bloody laugh in your face as you complained about it on this board.

You are by far one of the most blissfully ignorant individuals that I have ever come across. Gearbox doesn't need you, and not just because you might as well have bought this and their next few games. They don't need you because they shouldn't need to appeal to your level of intellect!

Gaming as whole needs you gone buddy. Stop focusing on a hobby, and spend more time educating yourself!
---
#10SuperrpgmanPosted 2/19/2013 10:44:02 PM
julbull73 posted...
Honey-Boy posted...
Superrpgman posted...

i did do research.

Yeah I'm going to have to say, all the previews and pre-reviews (development reviews) were not only positive they were hailing this as a GOTY nominee.

So I agree with him on this. BEcause every single media outlet for video games fell for it as well. Which is also why I think the game is getting so beat up in reviews currently.

Now the overwhelming desire to play things on launch, that I never get. I always at least wait a week to two weeks if I'm really interested.

If it's just a minor interest, first price drop.

GOTY nominee. Yeah, that's quite a bold claim. Kindly provide sources for this (Outside of IGN and GameSpot) from 2012 please, or I'm going to have to call this a bold faced lie!
---