letter to randy

#11M4karovPosted 2/19/2013 11:23:16 PM
"Doom and gloom for gearbox" A little melodramatic if you ask me.
#12julbull73Posted 2/20/2013 10:33:38 AM
Superrpgman posted...
julbull73 posted...
Honey-Boy posted...
Superrpgman posted...
Dude, you said you bought 4 copies, at full price! You might as well have bought the next 3 games the company has put out.

They basically duped you 3 more times even before releasing their next few games.

Whether you like it or not, you just supported them in a massive way. You voted for their game with your wallet 4 times, while doing ZERO research.

It's not the game you want, it's the game you DESERVE!

i did do research.

i saw the fraudulent trailers and bullshotted pics. all previews were positive.

Yeah I'm going to have to say, all the previews and pre-reviews (development reviews) were not only positive they were hailing this as a GOTY nominee.

So I agree with him on this. BEcause every single media outlet for video games fell for it as well. Which is also why I think the game is getting so beat up in reviews currently.

Now the overwhelming desire to play things on launch, that I never get. I always at least wait a week to two weeks if I'm really interested.

If it's just a minor interest, first price drop.

GOTY nominee. Yeah, that's quite a bold claim. Kindly provide sources for this (Outside of IGN and GameSpot) from 2012 please, or I'm going to have to call this a bold faced lie!

lol. Kindly provide a source outside of the two that you know of already? However, I will admit outside of those 2 sources yes I didn't hear anything along those line.

Ok. Next I will prove Newtonian physics, but won't refer to any calculations Newton used or calculus or even algebra!!
#13SuperrpgmanPosted 2/20/2013 5:36:38 PM(edited)
julbull73 posted...
Superrpgman posted...
julbull73 posted...
Honey-Boy posted...
Superrpgman posted...
Dude, you said you bought 4 copies, at full price! You might as well have bought the next 3 games the company has put out.

They basically duped you 3 more times even before releasing their next few games.

Whether you like it or not, you just supported them in a massive way. You voted for their game with your wallet 4 times, while doing ZERO research.

It's not the game you want, it's the game you DESERVE!

i did do research.

i saw the fraudulent trailers and bullshotted pics. all previews were positive.

Yeah I'm going to have to say, all the previews and pre-reviews (development reviews) were not only positive they were hailing this as a GOTY nominee.

So I agree with him on this. BEcause every single media outlet for video games fell for it as well. Which is also why I think the game is getting so beat up in reviews currently.

Now the overwhelming desire to play things on launch, that I never get. I always at least wait a week to two weeks if I'm really interested.

If it's just a minor interest, first price drop.

GOTY nominee. Yeah, that's quite a bold claim. Kindly provide sources for this (Outside of IGN and GameSpot) from 2012 please, or I'm going to have to call this a bold faced lie!

lol. Kindly provide a source outside of the two that you know of already? However, I will admit outside of those 2 sources yes I didn't hear anything along those line.

Ok. Next I will prove Newtonian physics, but won't refer to any calculations Newton used or calculus or even algebra!!

There's a reason I said besides those two. They're famous for overhyping things more than almost any other big name review sites. I should have explained my reasoning, and I apologize.

And on a considerably more subjective note:

IGN is one of the most reviled big name gaming websites on the internet, providing some of the least insightful professional reviews I've ever read on several games, mainly discussing things that you would only know after spending a few hours with the games they review.

It's a shame, because there's so much content on their website. They cover such a wide variety of forms of entertainment that it's not even funny.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not gamespots biggest fan either, but at least I've gotten a lot of tangible information out of the bloody website. They're one the masters of covering what the reviewer considers a game's strengths and weaknesses in around 50 words or less.

In any case, once again you created a very intelligent response, and I thank you for that.

---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#14julbull73Posted 2/21/2013 8:03:10 AM
Superrpgman posted...

In any case, once again you created a very intelligent response, and I thank you for that.

I agree, but gamespot and IGN are the main sources for "gaming news" outside of the big conventions/demos. It is unfortunate.

I might add you are the most polite poster I've ever ran into on gamefaqs. KUDOS TO YOU SIR!