WTF? How do they expect this to make sense? (Spoilers)

#1Ryukage01Posted 2/14/2013 8:17:36 PM
Sooooo, the survivor from the "Aliens" movie that is rescued in this game is none other than Cpl Hicks?????

WHAT?!

That is the most contrived story telling I think I have ever heard of.

In the end of Aliens, he escapes with Ripley, Newt, and bishop into hypersleep.

How then does he get back to LV 426?

"It was later revealed that Hicks was kidnapped by Weyland-Yutani PMC and brought back to LV-426, where he was tortured for information by Michael Weyland and the company. The body that was cremated was actually a PMC soldier who was either killed or volunteered to die in place of Hicks on Fiorina 161. "

taken straight off the "xenopedia". link:http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Dwayne_Hicks

If Weyland-Utani some how managed to find the pod drifting through the vastness of space, boarded it, and saw who was on it, why the FU** would they take HICKS' dumb ass, but leave Ripley and Newt. ESPECIALLY Ripley. Who, u know, had a chest burster in her. No, i guess THAT would have been completely uninteresting to WEYLAND F-ING UTANI.

So, they TAKE hicks, and leave Ripley (w/ chest burster) and newt and set them back adrift.

GARBAGE storytelling.
---
Cpl. Tom Morse, USMC, Founder of the Casual Killers Squad (CKS) Join Now! GT xKAGENEKO
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/platoon/2832655391541157465/
#2guzman1283Posted 2/14/2013 8:28:52 PM
I know, that whole explanation they gave was garbage. I can't believe someone agreed to make this canon. It's like they wrote the story in crayons.
---
"Sappers Lead The Way!"
#3hungry_zealotPosted 2/14/2013 9:08:36 PM
According to Hicks explanation in game, when the Weyland-Yutani soldiers found the Sulaco, Hicks was awoken from cryosleep to defend the ship as he was the only surviving marine. He was captured by those soldiers, and after ejecting the escape pod, the Sulaco was moved back to LV-426. He presumably killed some of the soldiers before being captured and one of those were what was placed in the pod in his place.
#4LegoTechnicPosted 2/14/2013 9:59:48 PM
The way I see it, it was a noble effort to try to redeem the trash setting of Alien 3, but the implementation was just as terrible as the movie's.

My canon ends at Aliens, and always will!
---
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero
#5KaraduinPosted 2/15/2013 6:40:03 AM
They also did unspeakable things to Newt then put her back in the hypersleep pod.
#6RufusNKenRSTierPosted 2/15/2013 6:57:44 AM
Karaduin posted...
They also did unspeakable things to Newt then put her back in the hypersleep pod.

At least they didn't put her in this game. I think Hicks got the worse deal TBH.
---
Reign of Dragons referral code H3JC7GR
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/59182173
#7Infested_HoboPosted 2/15/2013 9:54:07 AM
I'm surprised the "twist" wasn't Burke, since if I remember correctly he's the only person that was killed offscreen.
---
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
#8rtlrPosted 2/16/2013 8:52:28 AM
If I recall the comics, which I believe are also considered canon, have an additional scene of Ripley finding Burke cocooned when she goes to rescue Newt before the final battle. He begs her to kill him since there is a dead face hugger in front of him but I think she leaves him alive.
#9stet1Posted 2/16/2013 11:02:56 AM
why would WY touch Ripleys cryo tube? she has a chest burster inside AND with the egg that i guess they put their that 2 chances to get a prison planet infected as a back up incase lv426 doesnt work out (but as it happends they both go up in smoke)
---
swtor: harry potter, nightmare lands eu
#10GundamMonXPosted 2/16/2013 2:52:55 PM
rtlr posted...
If I recall the comics, which I believe are also considered canon, have an additional scene of Ripley finding Burke cocooned when she goes to rescue Newt before the final battle. He begs her to kill him since there is a dead face hugger in front of him but I think she leaves him alive.

That's also in a deleted scene from Aliens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zCnKbKr7eI
---
I respect your opinions, but only when they agree with mine--awesomephatman