An open letter [of hope] to Sega Corporation

#1MalifacentXPosted 2/15/2013 5:05:27 PM
In collaboration with Redditor b4dkarm4, I (Reddit alias MrKupka) have drafted an open letter to Sega Corporation. Rather than making some obtuse demand for compensation or retribution regarding Aliens: Colonial Marines (I'm among the crowd that was still able to enjoy it for what it was, this letter is written in hopes that the ALIENS franchise not be shelved, in spite of reviews.

Reddit Link: http://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/18lnxy/would_you_guys_do_me_a_big_favor/

Thoughts?
---
PSN: SeventhLegion
You are a lightbulb assassin.
~Tmac2035 on "Splinter Cell"
#2SpazH3dPosted 2/15/2013 5:57:03 PM
I think open letters are ridiculous and the people that make them are the same.

What's the point of an open letter? You think people will take your forum post more seriously because you pretend to be addressing a developer? You think it makes it more official and worth looking at?

Oh let's add a "Dear gearbox" to it, and your forum post is suddenly worthy of front page news.

No, just no.
---
- My vision is augmented
#3mjc0961Posted 2/17/2013 11:51:08 AM
Plus that letter is one of the douchiest things I have ever seen. You're sending it to SEGA, not a fellow Alien fanboy. Get rid of all the movie references and get to the damn point. The letter that you have in strikeout is infinitely better than the garbage that follows it. Throw out the second letter and send the first.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#4sexxyboyyPosted 2/17/2013 4:38:00 PM
Randy Pitchford will eventually read it while he lights his cuban's with a hundred dollar bill.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as my saviour and am 100% proud of it.
#5sucricPosted 2/17/2013 6:26:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6NeninaPosted 2/17/2013 9:03:36 PM
Dear Sega:

Haha, you got us. Caveat Emptor. Now please fix the game, preferably for free.

Yes, I got the free lollipop with my order.
#7yutterhPosted 2/18/2013 1:47:36 AM
I stopped reading when i saw "grievances" are you really grieving over a game? Is it really that bad that it is similar to someone dying? it is not that serious of an issue even though i was very disappointed.
---
Good news everyone! - Hubert Farnsworth
What do you mean "we", flesh-tube? - bender
#8InixisPosted 2/18/2013 10:32:56 PM
yutterh posted...
I stopped reading when i saw "grievances" are you really grieving over a game? Is it really that bad that it is similar to someone dying? it is not that serious of an issue even though i was very disappointed.

I'm pretty sure "grievances" can be used to mean complaints.
---
EXP: 8800/9200 Inv: Plat. Mudkip, Flyguy Plushy, S.G. Boo, Plat. MP Club.
Lvl:37 Moves:Inixis Charge, Volt Tackle, Violent Crotch Thrust, Savoir Faire.