Good read about the whole 'Who is responsible?" debacle

#1Ghstrdr13PlyrPosted 2/15/2013 8:59:07 PM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/13/who-made-aliens-heres-what-we-sorta-know/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rockpapershotgun%2Fsteam+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%3A+Steam+RSS%29
---
i7-3610QM @ 2.3 GHz, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, Seagate Momentus 750 GB, Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB, 17.3" 1080p
#2MadellePosted 2/15/2013 9:50:06 PM
I know an anonymous source who knows a former developer, who shall remain anonymous, who says it was really Rebellion.

Honestly, all of these anonymous quotes are ridiculous. Even more so, because they are actually given credence by game websites such as Eurogamer. An anonymous source is hardly a bedrock of credibility. Especially in messageboard forums on the internet.

Until someone actually steps forward and speaks on the record, all this specualtion amounts to diddly squat. All we have is the finished product.
---
"In the depths of winter I finally found in myself an invincible summer" ~Albert Camus
#3GTAfan421Posted 2/17/2013 10:04:26 PM(edited)
Well, once again, Gearbox has (potentially) decided to play the damage control blame game. DNF was no ones fault but theirs as far as I'm concerned, same with Call o- er, I mean, Aliens: Colossal Mess. Both games were clearly unfinished at launch.

Just because the game was possibly outsourced (or in DNFs case, already partly done), doesn't mean that Gearbox wasn't responsible for the game they put out. In the end, it's still Gearbox who is in charge of the IP, and hence, it's their responsibility to put the effort in to make SURE that when their game launches, that it is a quality product with a decent lifespan for DLC sales.

This is NOT a quality product, and anyone who says it is is in denial or hasn't played the same game we have. This game is not finished, and the AI is so dated that AVP2 is more impressive. Hopefully, third parties don't trust Gearbox after this.
---
What's the matter? You can't stand the balls of a strong Nord woman?
#4PsyEdPosted 2/17/2013 10:06:36 PM
"Unfortunately, Sega was allegedly ready to unchain its fiercest legal hedgehogs on Gearbox,"

LOL!

Well after A:CM SEGA will perma ban gearbaux from their list....go Rebellion!
---
Psy3d on 360
PsyEd on PSN
#5FaPaThYPosted 2/17/2013 11:25:21 PM
Madelle posted...
I know an anonymous source who knows a former developer, who shall remain anonymous, who says it was really Rebellion.

Honestly, all of these anonymous quotes are ridiculous. Even more so, because they are actually given credence by game websites such as Eurogamer. An anonymous source is hardly a bedrock of credibility. Especially in messageboard forums on the internet.

Until someone actually steps forward and speaks on the record, all this specualtion amounts to diddly squat. All we have is the finished product.

Well, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned at least 1 of the anonymous Reddit posters was verified. Also, there's a reason they're staying anonymous, so they can avoid getting their ass sued for breaking the NDA. Honestly, I believe these guys more than Sega or GBX right now.

It'll be pretty easy to see if that game tester was telling the truth or not when/if the Wii U version comes out and there are dumb mini-games like managing the heat of the cutter and 'scanning' enemies.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/