Can this game be salvaged with mods?

#1OptimisticNinjaPosted 2/16/2013 10:54:34 AM
I've been a huge fan of Aliens since I first saw it as a kid and have been looking forward to this game for a while. As bad as I've heard this game is, I'll still pick it up eventually on a Steam sale for my Aliens fix. My question is will modders be able to improve the game on a technical level at least? Bringing the graphics to look more in line with the first gameplay demo, and improving the AI of the Aliens?

Also, AVP2 was my absolute favorite MP experience, largely because of survivor mode, does anything like that exist in this game? Thanks.
#2chrono625Posted 2/16/2013 11:46:34 AM
Modders shouldn't touch this game because the game doesn't deserve that treatment. It deserves to stay as a piece of gaming crap and to remind people to never trust any developer when they offer any early info or demos.

Even if there is a modder out there who would be willing to sacrifice precious time to attempt to make a feasible game it would be so much work to fix all the shoddiness that went into the game to begin with.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
#3OtakunPosted 2/16/2013 12:41:53 PM
I think so.

Most of the problems with the game are actually due to the levels being poorly designed and having awful nav meshes for the AI. You can't fix the awful story, but you could slow the pacing down a bit and create a more proper spooky "Alien(s)" feel in the framework of what's there.

Of course, this is contingent upon Gearbox providing some sort of SDK or finding a way to use UDK to work with it.
#4GroadergreenPosted 2/16/2013 4:11:13 PM
chrono625 posted...
Modders shouldn't touch this game because the game doesn't deserve that treatment.

---
The Official Demonee-Ho of the SMT IV Board
#5lercaraPosted 2/17/2013 3:10:34 AM
Modders shouldn't touch this game because the game doesn't deserve that treatment. It deserves to stay as a piece of gaming crap and to remind people to never trust any developer when they offer any early info or demos.

Even if there is a modder out there who would be willing to sacrifice precious time to attempt to make a feasible game it would be so much work to fix all the shoddiness that went into the game to begin with.

---
Momento mori