I actually like this game

#1chickenloverXPosted 2/16/2013 12:11:50 PM
I do, really. I am from the 80's though. The way I see it, all these type of games are the same bland thing, so this one, having sound and sights from one of the best movies of all time, works for me. There is plenty of awesome aliens action. And the story- well, at least its better than what was created for aliens 3 and beyond...

So yeah, If you too were shaped by Aliens movies as a kid, this game should work out OK for you. If you just want another AAA shooter, wait for like a month and another COD will be out.

Oh remember the Aliens arcade game? that was cool too.
#2PailheadPosted 2/16/2013 1:03:56 PM
Sadly, the way things are those of us that like this game either get called trolls or "fanboys" because the majority like to spread their hate.
---
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
#3MarblesbunbunPosted 2/16/2013 1:07:06 PM
I enjoyed my time with the game as well, but it is by no means "Good"
It feels like a first gen 360 game with it's graphical glitches and problems, like the people didn't know how to optimize the game.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#4kill2thisPosted 2/16/2013 4:40:35 PM
chickenloverX posted...
I do, really. I am from the 80's though. The way I see it, all these type of games are the same bland thing, so this one, having sound and sights from one of the best movies of all time, works for me. There is plenty of awesome aliens action. And the story- well, at least its better than what was created for aliens 3 and beyond...

So yeah, If you too were shaped by Aliens movies as a kid, this game should work out OK for you. If you just want another AAA shooter, wait for like a month and another COD will be out.

Oh remember the Aliens arcade game? that was cool too.

Couldn't agree more, I look at it as fan service rather than a AAA title.
---
i5 3570k, 120gb OCZ ssd, 2TB Barracuda , Corsair h60, 7870,8gb Corsair ram, Xonar DG
#560fpsPosted 2/16/2013 5:01:02 PM
I love the multiplayer. When you have a good team it really feels like a genuine aliens experience.
---
Currently playing: Marvel Heroes(coming Spring 2013), Avengers Alliance, Path of Exile.
#6TheodoreRBundyPosted 2/16/2013 11:02:16 PM
I'm a huge Aliens fan and I really disliked this game. Played 11 hours of the game with maybe thirty minutes dedicated to the story. I even re-installed it after uninstalling it, after getting stuck on marines or in the walls. While I was able to tolerate most of the bugs, two things drove me away.

One was the very poor climbing controls of the Aliens. When I would be climbing immediately after jumping to the wall, the Aliens would start to climb at an angle, not upwards. This lead to many deaths that I did not deserve.

The second, which started to happen within the last three days, the immense lag I experienced each game. Players with 200 pings would cause some problems. Nothing compares to the last day of playing. Most matches were completely unplayable due to ping that was as high as 768.

I want to like this game so bad seeing as I've been a fan of the movies since I first saw them as a child but even I cannot put this aside.
---
I've got my own Wikipedia page!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bundy
#7TheodoreRBundyPosted 2/16/2013 11:03:37 PM
60fps posted...
I love the multiplayer. When you have a good team it really feels like a genuine aliens experience.

I agree with this. The few times I was able to get a stable game and a good team I thought the game was spot on with what I wanted.
---
I've got my own Wikipedia page!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bundy
#8raichudlPosted 2/17/2013 1:01:10 AM
Good for you TC.
---
Shut up and bag yourselves!!! -Cody Rhodes
#9emotional28Posted 2/17/2013 7:06:03 AM
The ones who are enjoying the games are actually playing right now. Those WHO ARE JUSTIFYING their purchases are posting on this board saying they like this game.
---
Here she comes, walking like the world falls at her feet, our eyes meet smiling just like God was her lover
Steam ID: rasalgethi28
#10PailheadPosted 2/17/2013 9:06:52 AM
emotional28 posted...
The ones who are enjoying the games are actually playing right now. Those WHO ARE JUSTIFYING their purchases are posting on this board saying they like this game.

Because there's just not enough time in the day to play the game and post on here, right?
---
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.